TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Member From The Netherlands

Shelby71

Hi, I'm Edwin and live in the Netherlands (Europe).

I just purchased my second Shelby GT500, an unmodified 2008 convertible with 7800miles.

It's black with the red stripe package.

I really love to drive this car, it's so much smoother then my previous V6 X-charger Mustang.

First I was thinking about modifying this Shelby but at second thought it drives so well I' trying to leave it as stock as possible.

The other Shelby I own is an 1971 Shelbyeuropa, they only made 9 of them and I own the last one build and the only one that is a GT500 fastback with 351C engine.

This car needs total restoration and lots of time and money to finish.

These cars are not known by most people as they are so rare and build in Europe, hence the name Shelbyeuropa.

Edwin

Welcome to TS. I happen to work for a Dutch company. They are headquartered in Lisse. I do come over on occasion for meetings. Next time I am there I will let you know. Would love to see your car.

Welcome to TS. I happen to work for a Dutch company. They are headquartered in Lisse. I do come over on occasion for meetings. Next time I am there I will let you know. Would love to see your car.

That's funny, I work for an American company.

Lisse is about an hour and a half away from me. Looking forward meeting you one day.

Edwin,

Welcome to Team Shelby, great folks and lots of information available here.

Congrats on the GT500! Great color combo as well. If you have not had the chance, please register with Shelby registry as the new owner in the link below.

Would love to see the Shelbyeuropa you have! I have read about them, but not yet seen one in person. Enjoy.

David

Edwin,

Welcome to Team Shelby, great folks and lots of information available here.

Congrats on the GT500! Great color combo as well. If you have not had the chance, please register with Shelby registry as the new owner in the link below.

Would love to see the Shelbyeuropa you have! I have read about them, but not yet seen one in person. Enjoy.

David

I registred my Shelby this morning.

More info on the shelbyeuropa on http://www.ponysite.de/sheleur.htm

More Shelby's in the Netherlands! That's great. Welcome. Are you in the Netherlands Mustang Club? Do you know Patrick and Astrid then? They are also members here.

Yes I know who they are, I'm member of the Dutch Mustang club from the start but I haven't visited their meetings for the last 8 or 9 years due to lack of time and travel distance from where I live.

Archived