TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hello From The Uk

terrybGT3

Hi all, just signed up as I'm interested in a GT500 having recently had a very brief test drive in one.

I'm a proper petrolhead and am am considering changing my E92 M3 for the GT500. The M3 is just such a great all-rounder, but it's almost too good and I don't actually need that. I really fancy a bad ass Muscle car.

I'm fortunate enough to have a 996 GT3 also which I use for trackdays and regular trips to the Nurburgring - so the GT500 would be a daily drive for me and also for driving tours, etc but not for trackdays.

I'm going to post up a thread in the GT500 forum as I really fancy a Grabber Blue, but a lot of people are warning me off it...

Hopefully one day I can post pics of my Shelby - can't stop thinking about it :)

Cheers

Terry

Hi all, just signed up as I'm interested in a GT500 having recently had a very brief test drive in one.

I'm a proper petrolhead and am am considering changing my E92 M3 for the GT500. The M3 is just such a great all-rounder, but it's almost too good and I don't actually need that. I really fancy a bad ass Muscle car.

I'm fortunate enough to have a 996 GT3 also which I use for trackdays and regular trips to the Nurburgring - so the GT500 would be a daily drive for me and also for driving tours, etc but not for trackdays.

I'm going to post up a thread in the GT500 forum as I really fancy a Grabber Blue, but a lot of people are warning me off it...

Hopefully one day I can post pics of my Shelby - can't stop thinking about it :)

Cheers

Terry

Hello Terry,

Welcome to TS, this is a great forum.

Proper Petrolhead...I love it!

Re: color, go with whatever turns your crankshaft, and don't listen to those wankers...

BTW, nice track car you have to toy around with.

Post up some pix when you acquire one.

Cheers,

Tom

On a side note, my daughter just finished her study abroad at the Queen Mary University in London (Mile End tube stop), and she really enjoyed her time there

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Terry, I am from the UK too and bought my 2007 GT500 a year ago. An added 100+ hp helps it get down the road. I have also added a Ford Racing (2011/2012 Shelby) suspension kit and stiffer rear lower control arms and the handling is improved no end over stock. Get a Grabber Blue GT500. It won't be quite like your Porsche but it will be a lot of fun. Great grand tourer too. I just took 3 friends to Le Mans (should have posted the trip here really) and it was ace on those smooth French roads though you can't speed there...

A friend of mine has done loads of European trips and has covered 90,000 miles and that's not even a daily driver.

If you're local to me (West Essex/East London) I'll take you for a spin in mine. I know you're after a new one but mine will give you an idea of what they're like. I don't think I'm that down on power: mine should be 600hp and the new ones are 662hp...

P.S. this is a great forum. All the knowledge is on here from people who know what they're talking about. Any mod you can think of has been done by folks on here too.

Malc

Welcome Terry and good luck with getting your Shelby........hope you find the perfect GT500 :thumbsup:

Keep an eye out for the 2015 Shelby Run Europe or 2016 Shelby Run Great Britain. Loads of fun and a great way to meet our Shelby family on your side of the Pond.

Archived