TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A Personal Project

Hey everyone!

I have been a member here for ages but haven't been active lately. I'm all head-on-heels for Supersnakes, and especially the 2012 which happens to be my dream car. Alright, so I'm a 3d artist. And hence, I take the artistic liberty of experimenting every now and then. So, as some of you might know, a Need For Speed movie was released recently, and the protagonist sported a brand new custom made 2013 Shelby GT500 in the movie as shown below:

needforspeed530bd37159090.jpg

NFS-2-2-626x382.jpg

Needless to say, it was a love at first sight moment. But I also did not want to push the SS down my list.

So here's what I'm thinking- I'll put my 3D skills to some good use and put an entirely new concept together, which combines the best of both worlds. Obviously, this is a personal project and I'm one of those who make what they like, so I'm not going to make it futuristic or anything like that. I'll just be doing it as a private project. Y'know like, the base spirit of an SS + a widebody kit and ultra cool lights like the 'stang shown above.

What do you want from us you ask then? Well, I need a li'l help. I've fooled around the internet and am unable to get any good 2012 SS blueprints. People seem confused between 2010/11/12 Supersnakes and upload anything in the name of Mustangs.Most don't even know the difference between a normal GT500 and an SS. Besides, there aren't any good quality pics to treat as a blueprint. So I'm reaching out to you guys who own, or know anyone who has a '12 SS and help me get some quality pics if you can. I normally don't ask people for favors, but its for my dream car after all. Hope you like the "idea". Thanks in advance.

Sounds like a cool little project. If interested, I have a whole pile of 2012 Wide Body SS pics from my build, and museum delivery. Send me a pm and I can e-mail a bunch to you. Only issue I see is no mention of a vert (which I have). LMK

Jim

Archived