TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Paxton

HARALD KELLEY

Do you have a link of where you saw that? I just find it odd since they closed the speed shop during the move. Maybe it's just that SPP is selling the kits. If you look at SPP, all the Paxton kits are listed. If you look at each kit, it states:

"Shelby American reopens it's iconic relationship with Paxton! Get this super charger for your Shelby or Mustang."

I wonder if they would sell me just a new head unit with the Shelby badge. I got screwed when I sent my car out there for the SC conversion. I was expecting the Shelby badged Paxton, but then only got the fender badges. I guess the only Shelby Badged Paxton they had was the oil return head unit, not the self contained head unit. They failed to tell me that when I wanted the polished self contained unit. I would like to step up to the 2200 now that I have the aluminator engine. Maybe I can get it now with the Shelby badge. They do have the NOVI 2200 listed, so if I can get that with the Shelby Badge and just the head unit, I'll give it a try.

Do you have a link of where you saw that? I just find it odd since they closed the speed shop during the move. Maybe it's just that SPP is selling the kits. If you look at SPP, all the Paxton kits are listed. If you look at each kit, it states:

"Shelby American reopens it's iconic relationship with Paxton! Get this super charger for your Shelby or Mustang."

I wonder if they would sell me just a new head unit with the Shelby badge. I got screwed when I sent my car out there for the SC conversion. I was expecting the Shelby badged Paxton, but then only got the fender badges. I guess the only Shelby Badged Paxton they had was the oil return head unit, not the self contained head unit. They failed to tell me that when I wanted the polished self contained unit. I would like to step up to the 2200 now that I have the aluminator engine. Maybe I can get it now with the Shelby badge. They do have the NOVI 2200 listed, so if I can get that with the Shelby Badge and just the head unit, I'll give it a try.

Same place you saw it, SPP link on top of our forum. http://www.shelbystore.com/category-s/67.htm

click on choose a sub category Paxton Superchargers

Jeff, with your solid motor I would agree the Novi 2200sl would be great and more in line with the v-8 compared to the 1200.

Even 2007 was not previously certified. If I remember correctly they were carb certified for 2007 and then lost the certification, possibly due to the difference in the air box v the CAI. I called and emailed Paxton numerous times and they have the worst possible customer service and never bothered to reply.

A couple years ago I wanted a Paxton installed on my 07 SGT, but after many months of waiting I couldn't get a clear answer. Remember, I am in CA and thats where the problem was with the carb cert and air box. I spoke to a sales person and an engineer and this is what I was told. They would sell me the blower at a discounted price, I could take it to Shelby to have it installed, then bring the car back to Paxton so they could work on the carb cert issue. The air cleaner installed at Shelby would have to come off and the stock box filter put back on. They said that would take about seven weeks and I would also need to get six other volunteers to have there cars done. I guess they needed to complete x amount of cars to get it CA legal. Kind of crazy! At the time I don't think it was cost effective or a priority for them. I ended up going with the Kenny Bell and am very happy with it!

Nick

Called SA today, person I spoke to was not sure about what I was asking. Did not get the name but I have to assume it was a person in the gift shop even though I asked for SPP person.

I think I asked in another topic (I was going to if I didn't). There were couple of handfuls of Paxtons on '07s SGTs before SAI (really, Paxton) pulled them because they didn't get CARB. Something about the charcoal filter in the air box. The unit was not CARB approved. What about those that were built? Did they get a CARB sticker (meaning they can be licensed in CA) or are they orphans forever wandering around the other 49?

(By the way, it might be 48 since I think MA has adopted the CA attitude)

I would call and ask for Tim or Akos directly. I'm trying to get ready for a big show this weekend, so I'm going to wait until next week to try and get some answers.

Let us know what you find out. I was curious but not to the point of chasing these folks down.

• 4 months later...

Just to further confuse things, here's another piece of the puzzle...

Apparently, CARB has approved, and provided the E.O. number of D-195-24, for Paxton centrifugal superchargers, "for 2007 to 2010 model year 4.6L Ford Mustangs."

http://arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/devices/eo/D-195-24.pdf

When you read the PDF, you'll notice that it fails to mention a Paxton model or part number, only that the tested kit was the 12 PSI kit. Additionally, it cautions that the stock air cleaner box must be used for 2007 to 2010 applications.

So here's the question I don't have an answer for, why hasn't Paxton updated their website to reflect the CARB certification? It would seem to be in their best business interest to do so, but it hasn't been done.

When I did this research, I was interested in the SPP Paxton kit, however, I've since decided to keep my SGT NA. So if someone else is willing to pick up this gauntlet, be my guest and inform the rest of us with the results of your research.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Can anyone with the Shelby installed Paxton take a picture and post of your generator/alternator area. Specifically I want to see if the generator bracket that sits under the throttle body and the top side of the generator/alternator is there. I had a lower left (facing car) stud/bolt break. Further investigation revealed that the generator bracket was never reinstalled per Paxton instructions (page 7 figure 5.1.b removal and page 9 figure 5.1.p reinstall). Only the two lower stud/bolts were holding this secure.

I attached a picture showing what mine looks like. As you can see the top bolt holes have no bracket and the lower stud/bolt is broken. Now there is only one lower stud/bolt holding the generator/alternator on. I am amazed I have had no issues since the 2009 SAI install.

Thanks.

IMG_3123.JPG

I think I asked in another topic (I was going to if I didn't). There were couple of handfuls of Paxtons on '07s SGTs before SAI (really, Paxton) pulled them because they didn't get CARB. Something about the charcoal filter in the air box. The unit was not CARB approved. What about those that were built? Did they get a CARB sticker (meaning they can be licensed in CA) or are they orphans forever wandering around the other 49?

(By the way, it might be 48 since I think MA has adopted the CA attitude)

Long time ago question, mine passed a strict DEQ emmissions test in Oregon the other day with 300++ miles on it. The first test was denied because the support for the cats was "tuned in off postion" but the Diablo hand held tuner had a tune load switch in the tuner to turn it on, bang done. Passed perfectly.

Hey Harold. I'll take a picture of my dads GT/SC for you and send it later today.

CSSHELBYKID

Got it, perfect. You can see I do not have one. Never noticed this until lower stud broke. Amazing I had no issues this long.

IMG_4191.JPG

IMG_3123.JPG

Yes mine has the bracket, I am also stunned no issue until now, hopefully SA will dial you in.

Glad you got it figured out, got the message.

Most likely because I don't drive her as often as I should and now she will not be driven until I get this fixed. That said, now the challenge to find the bracket as Ford no longer has these and several junk yards I contacted do not have them. They go with the alternator.

The 2007 -2o10 version arch hits the throttle body and has built in spacers on one side that throw off the alignment of the bracket. Here is what the 2006 looks like, just a flat horseshoe type of a bracket:

IMG_3130.JPG

IMG_3131.JPG

Archived