TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tsb On 1St To 2Nd Shift Problems ?

JJN

I have read of all the problems concerning 1st to 2nd shift problems and grinding. I seem to have the same problem on my 2012. I have heard that there was a TSB to be issued but have not been able to find one. Does anyone know for sure if one has been issued, will be forthcoming from Ford.

Thanks

John

I have read of all the problems concerning 1st to 2nd shift problems and grinding. I seem to have the same problem on my 2012. I have heard that there was a TSB to be issued but have not been able to find one. Does anyone know for sure if one has been issued, will be forthcoming from Ford.

Thanks

John

One was never issued.

Phill

The 13/14 models are experiencing the same issue. Several different approaches to the fix, but some people are replacing the stock shifter with an MGW or Barton, but still continuing to have a grind/lockout of 2nd. Others are replacing the stock rubber bushings with solid bushings, and I've also read some people replace the stock clutch line with a braided/hydraulic material to the slave cylinder.

Either way the problem exists not only in these cars, but in several other manufacturer platforms which run the TR6060 transmission. I'm certain Ford knows about it, because I for one have opened a case, and my local Ford service manager informed me that they've had another Shelby into the shop with the same complaints that they couldn't resolve.

I'm not sure what the problem really is or if it's a combination of problems with the drivetrain of this vehilce. However, Ford needs to step up and make this right.

Does the 1-2 shift problem go away after the engine/trans has reached normal operating temp? If so it is a common issue in almost all high performance vehicles. The Ford GT (with a transaxle bearing no resemblance to the normal transmission), and some euro high performance cars also do it (with their designs being again different). Even my Corvette at Bondurant did it until I had a lap or two in. To get a robust design at normal temps they sacrifice a little at lower temps. I just go from first to second and if it binds run right to third and am not heavy on the accelerator until it does a smooth shift, usually 2-3 miles does it.

If it persists after warmup then that is not the issue I described above.

Does the 1-2 shift problem go away after the engine/trans has reached normal operating temp? If so it is a common issue in almost all high performance vehicles. The Ford GT (with a transaxle bearing no resemblance to the normal transmission), and some euro high performance cars also do it (with their designs being again different). Even my Corvette at Bondurant did it until I had a lap or two in. To get a robust design at normal temps they sacrifice a little at lower temps. I just go from first to second and if it binds run right to third and am not heavy on the accelerator until it does a smooth shift, usually 2-3 miles does it.

If it persists after warmup then that is not the issue I described above.

A very interesting take on this issue. Makes sense.

Archived