TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Differences Between Gt-500Kr And Gt-500?

ZEROED

I don't think you will find one KR owner that's says a standard production GT500 is not a "Shelby".

No KR owner here has bashed anything. If some KR owners want "be politically correct and play nice" despite someone demeaning what you own and they are factually wrong on top of it and insist on being factually wrong post after post I say it like it is. Get over it. You may like pee in your Corn Flakes but not me. Thanks.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RO, I assume you are referring to me. I never said anyone here, including you, feel or have said that a GT500 is not a real Shelby. That doesn't mean I haven't met a few. I did say I don't have much time for those GT500 owners who obviously have a chip on their shoulder. But, I have not seen a lot of that here either with exception

Oh, PS, we should play nice

RO, I assume you are referring to me. I never said anyone here, including you, feel or have said that a GT500 is not a real Shelby. That doesn't mean I haven't met a few. I did say I don't have much time for those GT500 owners who obviously have a chip on their shoulder. But, I have not seen a lot of that here either with exception

Oh, PS, we should play nice

I am more than willing to play nice and usually do so, however, when non KR owners participate in the KR forum and start to pee in my Corn Flakes that's when "playing nice" ends for me. If some KR owners want to tolerate others coming in here and under the guise of "discussion" knock what you own based on "their opinion" because "we should all just get along" then expect to keep getting sand kicked in your face and your car watered down. That's what political correctness gets you. Want more proof? Look at the Country now.

Me? No way. I'll play nice but don't tread on me or my KR.

Unfortunately it always happens here. :(

So much for being objective, huh? Some people have only one way of seeing things: their way. What could have been an interesting discussion has been ruined by those who are too defensive and/or have an inferiority complex. It is a shame. punish.gif

I will always support the right of someone to publicly make a fool of themselves :)

Better to be thought a (enter your own word here), than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.morons.gif

What could have been an interesting discussion has been ruined by those who are too defensive and have an inferiority complex. It is a shame. punish.gif

I've read the whole thread. It's in the GT500KR section. You and a couple others are the ones who seems to have the inferiority complex. Carry on tho...as RO said, you are only self destructing at this point.

I've read the whole thread. It's in the GT500KR section. You and a couple others are the ones who seems to have the inferiority complex. Carry on tho...as RO said, you are only self destructing at this point.

Interesting conclusion from you especially after I stated several times that I had the choice of a KR or the GT500 and I chose the GT500 BECAUSE I wanted to modify it. If I had the choice again today to buy a KR at the current market value, I still would not buy one. I like them, but I'm happy with my Shelby. So feel free to provide an rational explanation why you feel I have an inferiority complex. And with that said, I'm absolutely done with this topic as it apparently is headed for a bitch fest..... as many threads on Team Shelby seem to be lately. :whistling:

All of this, and I think that we still don't have the complete list of all changes made, to make the KR what it is. Anyway, perceived value and pedigree aside, the KR did have quite a few alterations from the standard GT500 specification.

Yes, the standard GT500 is a less expensive canvas to paint upon, and the 3 valve Mustang GT was even less expensive (to buy) and is also a great canvas. - In case anyone's interested, here's the direction an '08 3 valve was taken to end up @ 800 HP: http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176176.

I wanted the top of the line Shelby Mustang that I could go to my Ford dealer and buy with a warranty, and the KR is what I got. Perfectly 50 state streel legal, It drives great and is a pretty awesome Mustang package. No intensions of any major mods, just a few minor tweaks are all it needs. Mine will never be a racer while I own it; just a nice GT car, for road trips with the wife and occasional canyon runs in the local mountains. If I really wanted to go fast on the local canyon roads, a Mustang wouldn't be the toy of choice, anyway... As cool as it is, it's a heavy, 2+2 GT compromise.

I have an old Europa Special that I'll be massaging for more nimble canyon play. It weighs in around 1600# (and cost me less than even a good-used V6 Mustang). :)

Viper, I don't think he was talking about you but, I could be wrong. Your argument for why you didn't get a KR is sound from your standpoint. I will mod my KR. I will keep any pieces but I will do what I want with my car :) But then again, I have a competition car that gets first attention

I will always support the right of someone to publicly make a fool of themselves :)

I don't know if you are referring to me. However, if pointing out facts and documentation in the way of articles including information from noted authors and authorities like Colin Comer to irrefutably debunk self serving personal opinions designed to water down and otherwise discount the pedigree difference between a KR and a production GT500 is publically making a fool of ones self stand back cause it will keep coming when required.

The Kurgen gets it.

NCViper: "Could have been an interesting discussion?" Sure, only if I countenanced and indulged "personal opinion BS" designed to knock the entire and substantial difference in pedigree between the two cars and engaged in a "debate" when there is absolutely nothing to debate at all. Fact is its not "debatable" unless you live in world devoid of facts and don't like them getting in the way of how you "feel" or what you "believe".

You want to talk opinions and beliefs then lets talk about UFO's and extra terrestrials where the facts are unclear and debatable. As to the KR, sorry the facts are in.

You can have your own (incorrect) opinion on the pedigree difference, however, when you and others say it's "up for debate" here and try peddle your opinions here on the issue as though they are "fact' or even remotely supported by fact then be prepared to get hit over the head (hard) with the facts at least here on the KR forum.

Sorry to ruin it for those that wanted to "debate" the issue but there is nothing debatable. Try the regular GT500 forum where you more likely meet others living in their own world on this issue ignoring or denying the facts who will agree with you as much as you want. Not here.

Inferiority complex? Sure whatever you say. :lol:

Defensive? You betcha, all day long. Of the facts and the pedigree of the KR.

Might be a good opportunity for one of the moderators to jump in. You risk to loose members due to heart attacks while fighting who has the longest and largest... knowledge about CS.

For all the others: this great daily bedtime stuff.

Might be a good opportunity for one of the moderators to jump in. You risk to loose members due to heart attacks while fighting who has the longest and largest... knowledge about CS.

The subject is not CS. I don't see the need for a mediator but if u do...

Hey, I'm good with that.

No need. RO, I was not speaking of you. I read Vipers comments different then you did, to the point, I believe some of his points validated your point of view

No worries. My point is very simple. There are "opinions"/"points of view" but then there are "facts". They should not be confused.

If someone wants to say a GT500 is "better" based on their own personal point view for their own reasons I'm good with that. However, don't sweep existing facts under the rug to in order to push a "point of view" for "discussion" purposes.

From what this thread devolved into was the exact reason I left for 1.5 years. Why non KR owners feel the need to chime in here . . . well . . . :banghead:

You can always join the Facebook group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/GT500KR/

Usually not much activity there unless someone is showing off some new track / car show pics.

From what this thread devolved into was the exact reason I left for 1.5 years. Why non KR owners feel the need to chime in here . . . well . . . :banghead:

Stalwart: You are missed here. You just have to beat back the barbarians at the gate from time to time.

;)

Great post!!! Kudos to you. Stock rising on the KR. Just got a proposal to trade even up for a mint '12 Boss 302S

Highest Retail for a 2012 Boss 302 w/LS package ($5500 add) is $44.375 with 1000 original miles in the NADAGuides.com............$38.800 for a non-Leguna Seca...........

I'd hang onto the KR for that kind trade.......and that is "if" the 2012 B2LS is 1000 original mile "mint".........

R

The 302S and the 302 LS are completely different cars.

The S is the not street legal race version and is a bargain if you can get one below 70k

If that is the case I would jump all over it!!

If a person has a desire for a not street legal race car that is............

I have not kept up with those S models............tell me more about them?....

R

If that is the case I would jump all over it!!

If a person has a desire for a not street legal race car that is............

I have not kept up with those S models............tell me more about them?....

R

It's a trade I am seriously considering, however, Boss S stock will likely decrease unless unused and kept pristine (and I do want to use it for hpde's), it is a very limited use vehicle, and an an even more niche market on resale. KR stock will likely increase, it's not limited in use theoretically (you can track it but most would not although I have seen KRs at de's and do quite well too) and it has a wider resale market. Also I already have a comp orange '12 Boss that I use for de's. The Boss S owner sees the value of my KR close enough with the other factors pointed out he agrees on too to do the deal. It's up to me at this point. Tough call.

Point is the fact that I have this opportunity says something about KR values and perceived future potential value. Try getting this even trade with a standard GT 500 of any year.

It's a trade I am seriously considering, however, Boss S stock will likely decrease unless unused and kept pristine (and I do want to use it for hpde's), it is a very limited use vehicle, and an an even more niche market on resale. KR stock will likely increase, it's not limited in use theoretically (you can track it but most would not although I have seen KRs at de's and do quite well too) and it has a wider resale market. Also I already have a comp orange '12 Boss that I use for de's. The Boss S owner sees the value of my KR close enough with the other factors pointed out he agrees on too to do the deal. It's up to me at this point. Tough call.

Point is the fact that I have this opportunity says something about KR values and perceived future potential value. Try getting this even trade with a standard GT 500 of any year.

That link posted above gives a nice overview of the R and S models......................What was the original cost of a 2012 R and S?

If you are into a more competition specific Mustang, that gets you there quickly. I agree with the "niche" market. Over on SVTPerf.com I was heavily involved with the Cobra R forum when I owned one each of the R's. Those guys seemed to place high value on a log book and "race use" vs. brand new garage queen, however the current market 3-4 years ago favored "as-new", vs. well used. The R Models were also fully street legal so that opens up a whole other market of buyers. If it was a Steeda raced 1995 Cobra R with an extensive log book and media coverage it was a totally different $$$ value from a Joe Lunchbox raced 1995 R-Model.

R

Archived