TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Proud New Shelby Owner From Sc

GearV8Head

Hey guys,

let me introduce myself. My name is Matthias (or just Matt to keep it simple) and i was originally born and raised in Germany. I just moved to the beautiful upstate of South Carolina about 1 1/2 Years ago due to a Job Oppurtinity my Company offered me to lead the Expansion of our Company to the North American Market. I am currently working as a Plant Manager for a Automotive Supplier focused on High Temperature Solutions for Exhaust Components. Mainly producing Parts for BMW´s X3 and X5 since their biggest Plant is here in Spartanburg,SC. New Customers like GM, Caterpillar and Chrysler already signed Contracts with us as well.

However, even though i am German and should like BMW, Audi etc. (at least thats what everybody is saying but i couldnt care less) i ALWAYS had a soft spot for American Muscle Cars. I had a 94 Mustang GT with the good ´ol 5.0 V8 in prestine Showroom floor Condition and 20k miles on it back in Germany so i am not new to the Mustang world, but pretty new to the Shelby world. I just purchased a Bone Stock 2010 Shelby GT500 for $35K with exactly 20k Miles on it a little bit more than a month ago and enjoy every second with it !!

I bought it from a Dealer in Vermont since it was such a great Deal and suffered the longest 1 1/2 Weeks in my Life waiting on my dream Car getting delivered while it was crossing around 1,000 Miles on a Trailer. :cry:

Long Story short, the first time i cranked her up it was worth every penny and the pain of waiting. :rockon: I never drove such a brutal Car before and even the wife loves it and buys me Parts .....gotta love that !!

I know you guys like pictures so see below and tell me what you think.....

18E5C557-3469-4CA7-BCF3-63158D6FF097_zps

213D60D0-D2A9-461E-A29D-8E7EACEEC503_zps

015BBC13-18D8-440E-8BD1-1B09AE03F9F6_zps

1667F33E-D0C6-417E-B8B8-A11EF7D117CD_zps

91D613A7-D0E1-4F6E-BF15-0174CFDED0F8_zps

IMG_36351_zps104e9a6b.jpg

Thanks !

Matt,

Welcome and congrats on the Shelby purchase! Looks awesome, great color combo as well! So glad you are enjoying her and having the spouse buying parts is sure a bonus!

If you have not yet had the chance, please register as the new owner with Shelby registry. The link is below in my signature.

Welcome aboard and enjoy.

David

Thanks guys !!

If you have not yet had the chance, please register as the new owner with Shelby registry. The link is below in my signature.

I actually did register yesterday but never received a confirmation E-Mail. Am i supposed to get one ? The website just said my Information has been submitted. I definitely gave them the correct E-Mail address.

Welcome and congrats.

SC guys: I would suggest a gathering in the near future and would be happy to lead a spirited drive through the mountains.

Thanks to all i appreciate it !

Welcome and congrats.

SC guys: I would suggest a gathering in the near future and would be happy to lead a spirited drive through the mountains.

Sounds great ! I am open for every gathering.

Already took the shelby up to Caesars Head State Park, really really nice Mountain roads up there, right at the border from SC to NC.

Already took the shelby up to Caesars Head State Park, really really nice Mountain roads up there, right at the border from SC to NC.

Wait until you cross over into NC. The roads North of Caesars Head get really good... I'm talking REALLY GOOD!

Wanna test the handling?

Take little road trip here.

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/

Wanna test the handling?

Take little road trip here.

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/

Yup. And I know all the fun roads in between Caesars Head and 129. You may need new tires when we're done. :shift:

Yup. And I know all the fun roads in between Caesars Head and 129. You may need new tires when we're done. :shift:

Definitely have to check that out !! I need a reason to get new tires anyway :) Thanks for the Advice !

Archived