TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Quick Update On My Shelby.

So I finally got the time to get my car back to the original Dealership that I bought it from. They installed a Factory H Pipe with Cats. I actually like the sound of the car even more with the Cats and now can actually hear a little blower whine. This did present another concern though. How long should it take a Transmission to cool down? It took 4 hours for my trans to cool enough (it was still fairly warm) for the mechs to connect the O2 sensors. I felt it myself because I did not believe them. The oil pan was almost cool to the touch and the trans still was hot enough not to want to leave your hand on it. I was under the impression that out trans had a cooler of sorts with the Performance Package. On a second note, while the car was up on the lift I assisted the Mech in moving my Lower Control Arms (BMR) to the center hole from the bottom hole and man what a difference. The ride quality and NVH dropped a lot but I still have a considerable amount of gear whine under Acceleration only. It looks as if I will be taking the car to Sandy Sansing Ford in Daphne Alabama to get the rear end and trans looked at. I refuse to take it back to HUB City Ford unless that is the only way to get it fixed.

If your missing out on the origional story here is a link.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/84043-my-shelby-will-be-going-under-the-knife-next-tuesday/page-2?hl=yosemiddysam&do=findComment&comment=1523861

Thanks for the reply INGOT. I was beginning to think I was blocked lmao. I don't think mine should be as hot. It was after a hour drive but even then....4 hours and still cant hold your hand on it. They did not raise my hood but still? what would make it run so hot? Also I noticed that after about 50 minutes on the interstate the cutch is really stiff wen pushed but after the first push it is back to normal? Anyone else have this happen?

Thanks for the reply INGOT. I was beginning to think I was blocked lmao. I don't think mine should be as hot. It was after a hour drive but even then....4 hours and still cant hold your hand on it. They did not raise my hood but still? what would make it run so hot? Also I noticed that after about 50 minutes on the interstate the cutch is really stiff wen pushed but after the first push it is back to normal? Anyone else have this happen?

Yeah it does seem strange that it would run that hot. You might want to drain the fluid and see if it is discolored or otherwise contaminated. It is also possible that the fluid level is low thus not lubricating properly (the capacity of the transmission is 3.65 quarts). Replace the stock conventional fluid with Mobil 1 ATF. It is a full synthetic fluid that will provide much better lubrication. Mobil 1 ATF has been tested and approved by Tremec for use in our TR-6060 transmissions. Here is the procedure to change the fluid:

1. Raise car on lift or jack stands (must be LEVEL)

2. Clean area around fill plug and remove

3. Remove drain plug and drain fluid

4. Clean the drain plug and apply threadlocker meeting Ford Specification WSK-M2G351-A5.

(Permatex Medium Strength Threadlocker Blue meets this specification)

5. Install drain plug and tighten to 20 lb-ft

6. Fill transmission with 3.65 quarts of Motorcraft Mercon V ATF (or other fluid meeting the Ford Specification) until the fluid runs out of the fill plug hole. If you want to go with a full synthetic Mercon V ATF (which I recommend), use Mobil 1 ATF. It is the ONLY synthetic ATF tested and approved by Tremec for the TR-6060 transmission.

Using this Amsoil pump (or equivelant) makes installing the fluid easy.

http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-produc...?code=G2039-EA

7. Clean the fill plug and apply threadlocker.

8. Install fill plug and tighten to 18 lb-ft.

9. Lower car and drive off into the sunset (or sunrise) whatever you prefer.

Hub City Ford just changed my trans fluid maybe 2k miles ago. Unless they added something to stop the 1 to 2 grind or popping out of second.......it should not be low and in my opinion should not be that hot. I will be taking it to another dealer to access this situation. Thanks for the write up though. I needed it and so may a bunch of others

Hub City Ford just changed my trans fluid maybe 2k miles ago. Unless they added something to stop the 1 to 2 grind or popping out of second.......it should not be low and in my opinion should not be that hot. I will be taking it to another dealer to access this situation. Thanks for the write up though. I needed it and so may a bunch of others

Well that may explain the problem. Hub City might have put in the wrong transmission fluid (for example the GT Getrag Transmission takes an entirely different kind of fluid) or they could have underfilled the transmission. Good luck at the other dealer. Let us know how it turns out.

Archived