TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just Got It

pony-named-shelby

Here it is. Drove it home on Friday. Been on waiting list for a long time.

Shaker 1000, Vista Blue.

Initial impression: Fell in love. Spent an hour or two after wife fell asleep just setting the radio and seat. Amazing power. The type of car you will never sell.

Got pulled over literally within 5 minutes of leaving the dealer by a cop who just wanted to talk about the car.

It's true you put your license on the line everytime you get behind the wheel of this thing.

Looking for: Tips on launching and shift-points to work on 0 - 60

Geoff

post-8942-1180392426_thumb.jpg

post-8942-1180392426_thumb.jpg

Congtats to you. Best color choice as well. Hope you enjoy every minute of owning/driving. I guess that makes one less Vista Blue car available for me huh?

thanks to you both. I used to own a 64 1/2 in red but got rid of it when I left CA for the E Coast so it didn't rust out. So this is just amazingly fun.

Can anyone point me to recommended shift-points for 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd? What launch RPM has been best on a stock shelby?

Can anyone point me to recommended shift-points for 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd? What launch RPM has been best on a stock shelby?

Welcome to Stangs,

Nice looking ride. When I first got my car I messed around with the shift light and audible beep. After a couple days the beep was annoying and I turned it off. I wanted to break my car in and set my SVT light at 3500 RPM's. That way if I was getting on it I would be shifting at about 3700 - 4000 RPM's. The car is hauling Butt at those RPM's as you know. As for shifting from 1st to 2nd I was sticking in the same RPM range if I was getting on it.

I find that the car shifts and launches fine at lower RPM's too. You just need to get some driving time under your belt to get the feel of the car. Enjoy. :shift:

Here it is. Drove it home on Friday. Been on waiting list for a long time.

Shaker 1000, Vista Blue.

Initial impression: Fell in love. Spent an hour or two after wife fell asleep just setting the radio and seat. Amazing power. The type of car you will never sell.

Got pulled over literally within 5 minutes of leaving the dealer by a cop who just wanted to talk about the car.

It's true you put your license on the line everytime you get behind the wheel of this thing.

Looking for: Tips on launching and shift-points to work on 0 - 60

Geoff

Welcome 'pony-named-shelby'

Sweet ride

there was a thread that talked about launching your car with Traction Control "ON" that was pretty cool, I'll try to find it

Here it is

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...pic=7688&hl

Archived