TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Member In Vt

JayVT

Hi guys..I'm a newbie and am pleased to have found this resource.

Long story short, I hope. Visited a Ford dealer last year (summer 2013) and was inquiring about a boss 302, this from a guy who has never owned a Mustang. Salesman said "we don't have one but we do have a GT 500". I had no clue what a GT 500 was but knew the Shelby story pretty well. He offered to show me the car, it was in the showroom. I was awestruck....triple black, SVT and track pack, I was bitten. Cost $69K, here's the kicker. They had put another add on price tag of an additional $12,000.00 above the window sticker.....they wouldn't come off of it no matter how hard I tried. Told me all the dealers were doing it, I called BS on that one and walked away. Sorry, just couldn't drop that kind of dough. Been looking ever since for a new triple black beauty without glass roof and nav.

Fast forward to Thursday of last week, before Memorial day weekend . An internet search by zip showed a GT500 at a Ford dealer @ 40 miles away. called the dealership, talked w/ the sales rep. You guessed it, triple black with SVT and track pack, 2.5 miles. Wife says "go for it you're just gong to miserable if you don't" (great wife)...So, being a proud veteran of the United States Navy, I walked into the dealer on Memorial day weekend and signed the papers. It's mine, finally! I couldn't be any happier at this time. I'm picking it up this Saturday and the dealership is going to let me drive it out of the showroom. I'll post some pictures for you guys soon.

As a short aside.....my father, who has since passed away, was a Ford salesman his whole life, he retired in Florida doing fleet sales. I never once purchased a car from him. Only ever owned 1 new Ford and that was a Ranger in 1992. Figured I wouldn't beat up my own dad for the sales commission and I think he respected me for that. Well dad....I finally got that new Ford...I only wish you were here to share it with me.

Jay

Jay,

What a great story, thank you for sharing! You will love the GT500, great power and ride. Congrats.

Welcome to Team Shelby as well, great folks here for questions or finding out about events.

When you get the chance, please register as the owner with Shelby Registry. The link to do so is below in my sugnature.

Looking forward to the pics!!

Best,

David

Jay,

I think it is awesome you purchased on Memorial Day!! Thank you for your past service......

Congrats on that bad boy you are gettin. Must have Pics, or it didn't happen!!

Welcome from So Cal.

Mike

Thanks guys for the kind posts. I'll be posting those pics asap. Thanks for the heads up Alibi..."drive safely".

Had a 69 vette years ago, so somewhat used to HP but nothing like this old girl I'm sure.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey guys I live about 1 1/2 hours outside of Burlington on the Canadian border and am always looking for a good reason to take out the Shelby. We should plan a ride for the spring. Congrats on the new car and welcome to the club!!!

Archived