TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Thinkin Of Buying Stage 4 Kit From Vmp Questions???????

ANYBODY HAVE THIS KIT,I HAVE A 2014 shelby,is this kit okay for a daily driver possibly will jump in car and drive a 1000 miles in a day,also is pulleys really that hard to get off even with a puller,will car run hotter,will I need a oil separator for sure does it create more pressure in the engine,I live in WISCONSIN ,but drive out to New Mexico sometimes,do not want the expense of bigger radiators or heat exchangers,( would I be better off with a smaller kit like stage 2 or stage 3, any info would be appreciated.or should I leave stock???????????

• 2 weeks later...

ANYBODY HAVE THIS KIT,I HAVE A 2014 shelby,is this kit okay for a daily driver possibly will jump in car and drive a 1000 miles in a day,also is pulleys really that hard to get off even with a puller,will car run hotter,will I need a oil separator for sure does it create more pressure in the engine,I live in WISCONSIN ,but drive out to New Mexico sometimes,do not want the expense of bigger radiators or heat exchangers,( would I be better off with a smaller kit like stage 2 or stage 3, any info would be appreciated.or should I leave stock???????????

Mine leaving mine stock for now so I don't have to worry about warranty problems and it does have tons of power plus this one isn't going to be a garage queen. Just did a 300 mi drive and drove the speed limit + 5 and got 23 mpg

I put a oil separator on the passenger side @ 1500 mi and at 1950 had 2 teaspoons of oil. more than I thought it would be.

I started off with the VMP stage 4 kit and loved it, since than I have added more upgrades, the car still has great driveability, the pulley is esay to change, just follow the directions in the kit.

I've basically thrown the Stage 4 kit from VMP at my car and then some. Putting down some serious power now and it drives great day to day and throughout town. All tuning and mods done through Justin and the guys at VMP. The stage 4 really wakes the car up (as if it wasn't before) and is still very much drivable daily. Whether you go Stage 4 or not, pick up a passenger side oil separator from JLT. Literally takes 10 seconds to plug in.

Archived