TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Source Of Irritation.....is It Just Me?

gotoatz

OK, now granted, I like to drive with the seat sitting fairly high toward the headliner. I feel I have better control...I hate the feeling of sitting down in a bathtub while driving.....

And granted, I am not vertically challenged at 6'1".......

But seriously, AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT SEES THIS WHILE LOOKING OUT THE WINDSHIELD??

IMG_1649_zps7cead14b.jpg

I swear, all I can see is rear view mirror!! Could they not have mounted it a bit higher? I will give up mirror real estate behind the overhead console.......

Forget about sharp right hand curves without having to look around this bad boy........

Anyone ever re-mounted the mirror due to this?????

Mike

OK, now granted, I like to drive with the seat sitting fairly high toward the headliner. I feel I have better control...I hate the feeling of sitting down in a bathtub while driving.....

And granted, I am not vertically challenged at 6'1".......

But seriously, AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT SEES THIS WHILE LOOKING OUT THE WINDSHIELD??

IMG_1649_zps7cead14b.jpg

I swear, all I can see is rear view mirror!! Could they not have mounted it a bit higher? I will give up mirror real estate behind the overhead console.......

Forget about sharp right hand curves without having to look around this bad boy........

Anyone ever re-mounted the mirror due to this?????

Mike

You look in your rear view mirror? JK. I'm 6'3" and don't have this issue and like to keep my seat back up as well. How far forward do you have your seat? Almost vertical?

:shrug:

g4.png

g4.png

BAAAAHAHAH AHAHAHA! :hysterical:

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

That right there is funny........

Yeah, pretty much straight up and down. Slightly tilted back.......

I noticed yesterday that on my 05, the bracket that connected the mirror to the windshield bracket had a slot in it, that allowed you to kinda lay the mirror up along the windshield, then just tip the mirror down....but the Shelby bracket is not slotted.......

OK, so I reset the seat today to "sitting in the bathtub" mode........Feels very odd....

Helps some, but I still contend the damn mirror is mounted way too far down......

Mike

You may have already noticed, but your mirror attachment has two pivot points. You should be able to adjust the attachment rod up at the pivot point near the windshield, then tilt the mirror at the other pivot point for the proper view. My attachment rod angled downward when I bought the car and this adjustment helped. I raised it even more when I mounted my radar detector using the Flush Mount system.

You may have already noticed, but your mirror attachment has two pivot points. You should be able to adjust the attachment rod up at the pivot point near the windshield, then tilt the mirror at the other pivot point for the proper view. My attachment rod angled downward when I bought the car and this adjustment helped. I raised it even more when I mounted my radar detector using the Flush Mount system.

Yep. Exactly what I did as far as the bracket swivel and tilt. On my earlier Mustang, you could almost lay the bracket right against the windshield.....Not this one.....

I am getting more used to the bathtub seat setting, so it does help. But I am still gonna look at remounting that big ass bad boy mirror.......

Thx,

Mike

Archived