TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Idle Dip With New Power Package

turbobob

I purchased and installed (on my 2011 GT500) a Brenspeed stage 2 power pack consisting of a 2.6 supercharger pulley, idler pulley, 123mm JLT CAI, NGK plugs, SCT X-3 Tuner with tune. After the package was installed I noticed a significant idle dip under certain conditions. The dip normally occurs after the engine is warm. After coming to a stop (and even while sitting at idle), there is an occasional idle dip from about 750 rpm to 500 rpm or lower. After dipping, the idle returns to about 750 then fluctuates just a bit. In one instance, the engine actually stalled during the dip. The dip is more frequent and noticeable when the weather is warmer. Brenspeed has been very responsive and is working with me to try to resolve the issue. They've sent a few tune modifications so far. They've also asked me to reinstall the stock air box along with the appropriate tune to determine if the problem might be with the JLT CAI. The dip still occurred with the stock CAI (though not quite as often or as severe). The problem appears to be with the tune. Brent, the owner of Brenspeed, told me that data logging is not necessary so I haven't done so as of yet. I'm currently testing a tune that was "modified slightly for the JLT intake". The dip is still occurring. At this point Brenspeed's goal is to eliminate any possibility of a stall; stating that the dip is acceptable as long as it doesn't stall. Can anyone offer advice regarding how to address this issue?

Hopefully Brent will get it squared away for you. I used Brenspeed for the Vortech I had on my 05. Took some tweaking on the tune, some back and forth, but finally got it right....

Good luck.

Archived