TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New All-Season Tires

I finally trashed my terrible Goodyear Eagle F1 All-Seasons, which were noisy, directional (couldn't rotate at all), and terrible in all weather conditions. I was set on the Continental ExtremeContact DWS, but found the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 at the same price, and at the OEM sizes front and rear. I've had 'em on for a week now, and they are incredible! Quiet, great handling, and I can rotate again! I may keep these on year-round - there was a test done by TireRack and the A/S 3s handled as good or better than the OEM F1s in dry conditions! (That, and I'm tired of swapping wheels twice a year!)

I have an appointment tomorrow at Crutchfield in Charlottesville to have the Pioneer AVIC-8000NEX installed. I can't wait!

I finally trashed my terrible Goodyear Eagle F1 All-Seasons, which were noisy, directional (couldn't rotate at all), and terrible in all weather conditions. I was set on the Continental ExtremeContact DWS, but found the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 at the same price, and at the OEM sizes front and rear. I've had 'em on for a week now, and they are incredible! Quiet, great handling, and I can rotate again! I may keep these on year-round - there was a test done by TireRack and the A/S 3s handled as good or better than the OEM F1s in dry conditions! (That, and I'm tired of swapping wheels twice a year!)

I have an appointment tomorrow at Crutchfield in Charlottesville to have the Pioneer AVIC-8000NEX installed. I can't wait!

I don't think you could go wrong with either tire. I had Continental ExtremeContact DW's on my 2011 and loved them. I just recently replaced the F1's on my 2014 (at 4,000 miles) with Michelin Pilot Super Sports and have been very happy so far. My Shelby's are also my daily drivers which means an occasional rainy day is safer with the new tires than the old F1's.

Archived