TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Guy

dpflyguy2782

Hi Everyone.

I just purchased my first shelby ever. I cannot begin to describe how exciting it is. I am by no means a very weathly person. To own such a car was truly beyond my wildest dreams. Not only is it a truly amazing car but for me its more than that, it is owning a little piece of shelby history. To be a small part of something that is truly an american legend. For me, the shelbys represent everything that is so great about this country. Now that i have gotten that out of the way I have a few questions to ask regarding performance mods:

I was curious as to how much the following add ons would be as well as questions on realistic gains in horsepower/torque: New Blower pulley's, new bigger fuel injectors, throttle body, 3.73 gears. Obviously nothing firm just a ball park quote. the car is a 2013.

Also, any advice is greatly appreciated in advance!

Thanks

Brandon

Welcome. I know how you feel about owning a Shelby. Congrats. For your upgrades check: http://vmptuning.com/ . Justin is great with tunes, parts and info for our cars. Enjoy her.

Thanks Guys!

Just ordered the stage 4 tuning kit. Regarding the gears. I will be doing 95% street driving on sunny days. This car will never see close to 200 mph with me in there anyways. I just want to take her to the drag strip every now and then. I have read that 3.73's are better for daily driver stuff. Again this is all very new to me so any advice I can get is greatly appreciated in advance. I have also read about getting a little bit of possible gear whine.

Thanks Guys!

Just ordered the stage 4 tuning kit. Regarding the gears. I will be doing 95% street driving on sunny days. This car will never see close to 200 mph with me in there anyways. I just want to take her to the drag strip every now and then. I have read that 3.73's are better for daily driver stuff. Again this is all very new to me so any advice I can get is greatly appreciated in advance. I have also read about getting a little bit of possible gear whine.

Welcome to the TS family, congrats on your very exciting purchase!

As you have already read on your posts here,there is a wealth of help and advice from everyone,so you will be totally informed!!!!!

I would recommend the 3.73 gears for your kind of driving. I installed Ford Racing 3.73s in my car and no whining has ever occurred with them in the past 5 years,so go for it!

Welcome to the TS family, congrats on your very exciting purchase!

As you have already read on your posts here,there is a wealth of help and advice from everyone,so you will be totally informed!!!!!

I would recommend the 3.73 gears for your kind of driving. I installed Ford Racing 3.73s in my car and no whining has ever occurred with them in the past 5 years,so go for it!

Awesome!. Thanks. She gets delivered in one week! I feel like my 6 year old the night before christmas!

Archived