TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2012 Stalling

My 2012 GT500 stalled out twice on ride home last night. Came to a stop sign and as speedometer dropped in speed so did tach till 0. Restarted no problem at all drove on, then at next stop same thing. No check engine light, half tank of gas, just straight down to nothing. Drove fine the rest of way home and this morning on the way to shop. Of course since no code, nothing stored as fault. Anyone have any ideas to tell them to check.

Motormouth,

That happened to me a couple of times a few weeks ago...I also came to the conclusion that I was starting off in 3rd by accident. I wasn't watching the tach and I had the windows opened and system a lil loud, So I couldn't hear the engine bog down.....D'oh on my part.

This happened once to me...shifting from 4th to 5th. Hit the clutch, move lever from 4th to 5th, but missed 5th a bit and tried to push into Reverse. Before I could correct myself, the engine died...I suspect some sort of safety feature to prevent damage when forcing into Reverse with forward speed on the car. I simply kept the clutch down and restarted while the car was rolling along haha!

• 3 weeks later...

yeah had it happen here as well probably twice maybe three times, 2012 GT500 w/stock SC. Noticed last time that I was speeding (70+) and had to slow down quickly for red light, didn't gear down, had to brake hard and came to almost stand still stop, 5mph drifting, noticed it was stalled, started and took off. With alot of front momentum due to braking, rapid drop in rpms, possible fuel delivery issue?

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had this hapened exactly how you described it on my '12 e few times last year. I took the car back to the person who tuned it. He felt it was a sensor ( not sure what sensor it was) causing the car to stall. He turned the sensor off ( or bypassed it) with the tune. Since then, the car has been perfect.

Archived