TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Boss 329 or Boss 330

robertlane

Boss 329 or Boss 330? What would you call it?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Boss 329 or Boss 330? What would you call it?

• Boss 329
    • Boss 330
    • Either sounds great

I voted 329 it sounds more like a special engine rather than a time of day.

I couldn't put it into words, but a myself like the 329 sound - a little more aggressive.

Hey Robert, great information! Any clue as to when production may begin. Any clue at all because I can not afford the prices on the Shelby but I would like to have a special Mustang when I do buy (hopefully the 2007 model year).

Don't know, but I am now like you - I am only guessing summer 2009.

• 1 month later...

I kinda like the sound of the Boss 30

I like Boss 329 too... (she's real fine my Boss329... nevermind;-)

But I'm much less hung up on the name. For me new Boss nees to be:

A road car: lighter, handling, real balance, 50/50 (52/48 WORST CASE!!!!), IRS (I know, I know, but I still want it. It's not a road car with out it -- use the old one, they handle 400HP fine without slicks)

6-spd only (no automatic, please!), 3:31 traction-lock

Alum N.A. 5.4 DOHC long runner intake

No frills: Tach, speedo, oil, temp...

A/C, CD-FM old 460 sound system max, o/h map lights (driver and nav) -- that's it.

Console? if you must for some handy storage -- else, not necessary

Great seats -- not pretty-boy inserts, not leather... functional, ass-gripping, well-bolstered, cloth seats.

Correct seating position... the '99-'04 Cobras didn't let the seat go back far enough (I'm only 6'1.5") and my knees hit the column with the seat all the way back and I have to tilt the back far back to not have my head in the headliner with the seat all the way lowered down -- what the heck is that? Even then, it was awkward.

Pedal heights you can actually heal-toe with (no, not like the '99-'04 cobras -- it was impossible to do right) located so your legs are actually fairly straight (not with your knees in the dash like the cobras)

Dead pedal on left (should go without saying)

Forget about cupholders, navigation systems and other nonsense -- if I want em I'll buy em.

Battery in the trunk -- really.. it' .6-.7% w.d. improvment! (don't need no stinking spare ;-)

Koni down-lock adjustable shocks and stiffer springs ... the more the road undulates the more I want them to pll against the springs and hunker the car down -- no bilsteins on this one -- want hi-bias down-locks!

Give it a fully functional, no frills personality at 3250lbs max. Offer a "group-deopt" if necessary to get the weight down. Ask Carroll Shelby or Steve Saleen what you need to take out ;-)

Do this and advertise it as a true road car in keeping witht he traditions of the GT350 (maybe a better idea??) and it will sell like snowcones in the desert!

Some of us actually enjoy hi-performance DRIVING. My Boss will never see a drag strip -- never-- I will drive the heck out of it wherever and whenever I can. You wouldn't bring a pro-mod to Watkins Glenn so why would you ever want to bring a Boss or a GT350 to the drags. This is a separate market segment that is going unserved by Ford Motor Company.

If I have to buy a fat, gizmo-laden, leather-trimmed Boss and disdassemble it myself, I just won't buy it! Time to give the real drivers a car with true character, balance and functional trim.

Ford, can you do this? I know you can 'cause mostly it's all things you have already and tings I want you to NOT provide. You can do this. Build it and we will come ;-)

Thank you....

• 1 month later...

I voted for Boss 330. As for 330cu, 3300 pounds and 400hp. Although the 400 doesn't reflect in the name but this is my wish. :shift::rockon:

I prefer 329 because it sounds better.

To bad you had to choose my color for your 2007 Shelby. :mad:

I might go for a Yellow or Grabber Blue Boss instead, if I have the chance and the money :victory:

• 2 weeks later...

The Hurricane will it be DOHC or SOHC there prob be 2 different versions like comeon Triton or GT what not. And do u think ford will ever have a push rod V8, then again it doesent much matter I love the numbers a stock mustang GT makes 300 hp 320 trq, Fords come a long way with modular motors and there out put, the idea of a BIG BLOCK Modular motor is mind bogoling. And wasent the legiondary 427 back in 64 that Nascar never alowd to put in use a SOHC side oiler? The hp on that was around 650 I read only seen life in a few mustangs and other Fords from ppl that had a hand in the system I guess who worked at ford. Be sweet to have a BOSS 302 and a BOSS 429, 302 from a stroked 281 and the 429 from a stroked 390, Its all good.

yeah baabaaay...

Make her a 429 for 35k !

Me is saving me pennies already!

I passed on the shelby even though I coulda got one for 2500 above sticker.

I have an 06 GT and I didnt want to eat the huge downpayment I put on it, plus raise

my monthlys by over 200.

I know I'll still eat some with getting a BOSS after buying this car so soon BUUUT I'll have mula SAVED up

that way the payments wont be as much.

BRING ON MY BOSS FORD. I WANT MINE NOW !

orange with black stripes baby!

GIMMMIE GIMMMIE!

btw make her 400hp.. NO SC!

Id like to add that on myself! especially if its 400 w/o the s/c.

if its not 400 Id take a sc on it . But Id rather have the 400 then add more later (as everyone would).

I WANT HIPS IF POSSIBLE TOO!

Untill then I'll be saving and counting my pennies! :happy feet:

The Hurricane will it be DOHC or SOHC there prob be 2 different versions like comeon Triton or GT what not. And do u think ford will ever have a push rod V8, then again it doesent much matter I love the numbers a stock mustang GT makes 300 hp 320 trq, Fords come a long way with modular motors and there out put, the idea of a BIG BLOCK Modular motor is mind bogoling. And wasent the legiondary 427 back in 64 that Nascar never alowd to put in use a SOHC side oiler? The hp on that was around 650 I read only seen life in a few mustangs and other Fords from ppl that had a hand in the system I guess who worked at ford. Be sweet to have a BOSS 302 and a BOSS 429, 302 from a stroked 281 and the 429 from a stroked 390, Its all good.

Amen, Maniac... +1 :)

Agreed, +2!!

Archived