TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Vinyl Stripe Questions/conserns

ILYTMUP

Can anyone offer insight as to where the vinyl stripes of the GT500 are applied? Are they applied at the factory or post delivery to the dealership (presumably by a local vendor)? The stripes on the bumper (between the upper & lower air intakes/openings) have a seam going horizontally across each stripe in the middle of the face of the bumper, where the vinyl tape is overlapping (appearing like the applicator ran out of long enough pieces for that part). I'm not happy with the look of the seam and have to take the car into the dealership to have the 'gt500' rocker decal replaced, since that is bubbling and failed...Don't know how much of a stink to make at the dealership (if it's a typical factory application).

If I remember correctly, they are applied after the car is finished at the plant at a place "across the street" (from the plant), then sent back to the test track and then to the rail cars for delivery to the hubs where they are put on trucks to each dealership.

The seam is common. It is due to the angle of the bumper. We ALL have it. To make a single piece, it would have to make a sharp turn right at the bend of the top and again at the bottom of the bumper.

The only real option is to have them painted on.

Phill

looks worse without that overlap. i had my front bumper stripes re-installed and without any instruction from me, they butted the ends together as close as possible. i didn't want to argue with them about re-doing it so i left it as it was. i suspect there's a higher chance of peeling over time due to the elements (moisture, wind, debris, human touch) when they DON'T overlap... especially on 'pointy' surfaces like the bumper and rear spoiler (where they also overlap).

If I remember correctly, they are applied after the car is finished at the plant at a place "across the street" (from the plant), then sent back to the test track and then to the rail cars for delivery to the hubs where they are put on trucks to each dealership.

The seam is common. It is due to the angle of the bumper. We ALL have it. To make a single piece, it would have to make a sharp turn right at the bend of the top and again at the bottom of the bumper.

The only real option is to have them painted on.

+1. Phill is spot-on.

+1. Phill is spot-on.

Hey Norton,

Were you the guy looking for a set of "base" or 2010 GT500 wheels?

There's a set for sale. Search my latest comments and you can find the advert.

If that was you....

Phill

Hey Norton,

Were you the guy looking for a set of "base" or 2010 GT500 wheels?

There's a set for sale. Search my latest comments and you can find the advert.

If that was you....

Phill

It was me. Good memory! Thanks, Phill.

Archived