TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Monoblade Tb, Anyone Have One On Their 2014?

My car has a very stiff suspension, the vibration on the peddle made the car LURCH. Had to go back to twins. If seriously over-responsive reaction is what you want... look no further.

I know this topic has been covered over on svtperformance if you take a look at the '13-14 section.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

My car has a very stiff suspension, the vibration on the peddle made the car LURCH. Had to go back to twins. If seriously over-responsive reaction is what you want... look no further.

Yeah, not sure if I want that lol thanks

Currently running a mono-blade on my 11, it replaced a FRPP twin 65mm t/b. May have gained 20+ hp with the mono.

My 14 is @ the tuner now & a mono-blade will be installed along with other upgrades.

Both are made for FRPP by Accufab.

The twin 65mm flows 1517cfm.

The mono-blade flows 1797cfm.

The bad press the mono-blade gets is found to be " tune " related, almost 100 % of the time. You will see this if you go to the SVTP site and review the threads.

In my experience, the mono-blade drives just as smoothly as the twin 65mm.........( pic of my 11 )

vkls.jpg

Im not sure why everyone always thinks in terms of the biggest hammer is best. Yes, it probably flows better and if you're looking to run around in WOT all the time that's fine. But if you're in a decreasing radius corner and a mad Viper driver is trailing your ass you need to meter between 100 ft/lbs and 120 ft/lbs of torque to sneak by, the monoblade is going to make you a hood ornament. For the drags, absolutely.... hammer that puppy. But you won't find a mono on a road course car. Use the tool that works for what you do or like. There isn't a one-size-fits all. I'll happily give up that 20 hp for more control thru the mid-range. Just one man's humble opinion.

I have the Ford Racing mono blade and have had it on a good 2k-3k miles. Yes at first, the surging took a bit to get used to. But you know what they say..."its amazing what you can get used to." I dont even think about it anymore, plus to me it was only noticeable in 1st-3rd gears. I dont road race and do drag race; though would be nice to road race it sometime. Anyhow, im glad I have it now and would only change back to a dual blade if it flowed even more than my mono.

Currently running a mono-blade on my 11, it replaced a FRPP twin 65mm t/b. May have gained 20+ hp with the mono.

My 14 is @ the tuner now & a mono-blade will be installed along with other upgrades.

The bad press the mono-blade gets is found to be " tune " related, almost 100 % of the time. You will see this if you go to the SVTP site and review the threads.

In my experience, the mono-blade drives just as smoothly as the twin 65mm.........( pic of my 11 )

vkls.jpg

My gosh - that intake is huge - could suck your head in there!!! :-)

vkls.jpg

What tuner are you using in the NJ area?

Look around for Warren....uhh, Ferris? Shoot, now I can't remember his screen name. Dubbferris or something like that. It's Dubb<something>.

I'm pretty sure he's running the TB on his '14. It's with the Revan Racing kit but still, the same TB you're asking about.

I thought he'd see this thread and chime in by now. If I run across him on TS I'll point him here.

Phill

• 1 month later...

I've got the monoblade on mine. Evolution sent me the tune- It runs flawlessly! New plugs, monoblade, jlt big air, off road H pipe and the tune. What a difference; no problems at all, runs very smooth with tons of pull.

I just installed the 168, yes it does surge a bit through the mid range, put it in 4th and you don't know its there, does it bother me not really, when it comes time to put the pedal down you know its there doing its job flowing as much air as it can.

Whipple monoblade has been installed and had the car dyno tuned and boy it is amazing. Yes, there is a little surging, but the throttle response is awesome, plus the sound of that thing opening up, wow!!!. Also had a 2.4 pulley and a steeda 130mm cai put on.

Nice.. I went the KB route, Your engine bay looks real nice, when I pulled my 2.3 off there was a slight film of oil on top of the HE and a bit in the inlet elbow... didn't take long to convince me that these cars need the oil separators and I made a call to Van and got a set of Bobs. Did you stay with the stock intercooler? What kind of numbers are you expecting ?

Greg

This is a great discussion guys. Makes me feel a little better about the monoblade as well. Because I will putting the Whipple monoblade on mine when the 4.0 goes on. And I guess driveability of it can come down to the tuning. Good tuner should be able to make it work flawlessly.

• 1 year later...

Surging means your throttle body to foot response will feel awkward (squishy or pulsating notice) at certain low to midrange RPM at lower gear to speed ratios. Unless you receive the proper tune for air/fuel ratio and timing variables. :-).

Surging means your throttle body to foot response will feel awkward (squishy or pulsating notice) at certain low to midrange RPM at lower gear to speed ratios. Unless you receive the proper tune for air/fuel ratio and timing variables. :-).

The reason some people are having good luck and others are not is the tune their using. Jon lund provided my tune and it is second to none. If you jumped in my car and drove it you would swear it drives like a stock mustang, very smooth with no surging whatsoever.

Archived