TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Brake Duct Install 08 Shelby Gt

Finally instaled brake ducts on the Shelby GT. Bought a Ford Racing brake duct kit (M-204-A) for the 07-09 500GT. The kit uses 2.5" hoses and the Shelby bezels I have (the ones for fog lights and brake ducts are 3.5". Decided to not use the Shelby bezel brake duct point and instead used the intake pieces that came with the kit. Installed them behind the lower grill (also a shelby piece). Rivited one side of the intake pieces from the Ford kit and made plates to bolt the other side. Attached pictures showing the lower grill with the intakes added and the final product on the car. post-38869-0-93704200-1399857305_thumb.jpgpost-38869-0-51709600-1399857320_thumb.jpgpost-38869-0-40847000-1399857333_thumb.jpg Happy with the way it came out.

Looks good. I think your the first to do it this way and it looks like it worked out perfect. For me I have a huge Shelby/Revan intercooler in the way and the upgraded radiator as well. I assume you do not have the a supercharger installed on yours yet? Did you have had plenty of room to run the hoses.

Looks good. I installed the complete Shelby kit; was a tough job!

Still waiting to see those new SGT brake ducts that Jer has mentioned.....

Looks good. I installed the complete Shelby kit; was a tough job!

Still waiting to see those new SGT brake ducts that Jer has mentioned.....

Bet we will be waiting for eternity now.....

What do y'all reckon an original set of Shelby bezels would be worth, now? What did they cost originally>

Same questions for the hose/backing plates with connectors and CS logo.

Archived