TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Larger Inter-Cooler Tank Installation Issues

ZEROED

Need some installation advise. I have a 2007 Shelby GT-500. I purchased a Roush Racing larger inter cooler tank P/N: 13108D080-BA from Raven Racing.

This larger tank's water exit line comes out the bottom of the tank, where the OEM tank's came out the side. From visual inspection it doesn't look like the hose can be rerouted to fit into the bottom. I could be wrong, but do not want to start ripping into things without some input from you all.

Need some help. Thanks.

Need some installation advise. I have a 2007 Shelby GT-500. I purchased a Roush Racing larger inter cooler tank P/N: 13108D080-BA from Raven Racing.

This larger tank's water exit line comes out the bottom of the tank, where the OEM tank's came out the side. From visual inspection it doesn't look like the hose can be rerouted to fit into the bottom. I could be wrong, but do not want to start ripping into things without some input from you all.

Need some help. Thanks.

If I remember correctly, that oem lower hose needs to be cut to work with the Roush tank.

R

Careful routing of the hose, without cutting, will work. I've been using mine on my 2008 for several years now. One more tip. Don't cut the stock inlet hose. They're godawful expensive if you ever need it. A piece of straight hose will work.

Steve

Careful routing of the hose, without cutting, will work. I've been using mine on my 2008 for several years now. One more tip. Don't cut the stock inlet hose. They're godawful expensive if you ever need it. A piece of straight hose will work.

Steve

^^^Thanks Steve, this is good to know. That lower pre-curved H/E tank hose is approx. $85 from Ford.

R

I can't answer that. It was five years ago. But I remember spending time trying several different paths through the cables and hoses until it worked. The bend has to be really gentle. Now that I think about it, is there a bend molded into the factory hose at the top? I think I used a straight piece that came with the new heat exchanger. Or I might have bought an extra length of 3/4" hose. I just know I didn't want any splices to disturb the flow. Sorry if I was misleading.

Steve

Archived