TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Words Out 2016 Ford Mustang Svt 700 Hp Gt350 With Whipple Supercharger

How do you figure that? Your thread title says 700 hp with Whipple supercharger from SVT. Did I miss that announcement? You didn't say from SAI.of Shelby

The title opens the basic dialogue. Read further in to the thread. You'll find it. Over 500 horsepower from Ford, 700 out of Shelby. You'll also see I mention the flat crank VooDoo motor. All along leading the thread to the final conclusion.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

It looks like the SVT GT350R could be this monster after all.

And from what others are saying, it will be a off-road car, not a street car.

Phill

And from what others are saying, it will be a off-road car, not a street car.

Phill

Well that settles it for me. I will never be able to get one so I will focus on making my 65 a road/track car for a lot less $$$$$$, and still have the joy of driving on the track vintage style! I am just curious to see who will be the first to put a flat crank engine in a 65'. If any company wants to sponsor my car, let me know! lol

Why wouldn't it be street legal?

The Z/28 is street legal.

Two very knowledgable guys, one a Mustang racer and the other a SVT 'guru' both said it will be a purpose built race car, ala the Cobra Jet and FR500C or S (whatever that road race Mustang is).

They said this in a associated thread that is going on right now (but I don't remember which thread it is) so you should be able to find it pretty easy.

Phill

There will be both to my understanding. There will be a more powerful street GT350, and there will also be a continuation purpose built non VIN numbered race car. Naming to be revealed soon officially.

This is what I am hearing also. There will be a GT350+ package with whiz bangs (maybe stuff that would also be available from FRPP), but the GT350R will be a purpose-built track car sold on bill of sale and not street legal. Recall that a refresh of the parts department car is past due...

Yep. 5.0 GT 6 speed manual.

Nice car. I'm thinking of a convertible with an auto - my wife won't ever drive a manual and driving the GT I've found that it's not a city vehicle since Vegas has decided to deliberately desynchronize stop lights you're practically guaranteed to hit every one red. In over 6 months I can count on one hand the number of times I've gotten through more than two lights without having to stop.

There will be both to my understanding. There will be a more powerful street GT350, and there will also be a continuation purpose built non VIN numbered race car. Naming to be revealed soon officially.

This is what I am hearing also. There will be a GT350+ package with whiz bangs (maybe stuff that would also be available from FRPP), but the GT350R will be a purpose-built track car sold on bill of sale and not street legal. Recall that a refresh of the parts department car is past due...

Do you guys have a "LIttle Bird" too?

Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm thinking too.

And just think...With more horsepower and in a lighter car. it's gonna EAT UP a '12 or '13 GT500!

Phill

First, they're gonna have to overcome the 100 (plus?)-pound increase in weight over the S197 GT. Body kits add weight, superchargers and associated gear adds weight. BTW, there's already a 15 GT with a Kenne Bell running 620+ HP. Should be interesting to see if they can significantly lighten the car, or merely perform a token weight savings.

It looks like the SVT GT350R could be this monster after all.

difference between street and race car smartass do you know the difference... if you knew who told me you'd say my bad

Do you guys have a "LIttle Bird" toio?

I just looked at this thread

Dude, you want to keep up with the smartass comments i'll be glad to meet up with you anywhere otherwise shut up with you 10 yr comments. I don't care if this gets edited or deleted I'm sick of you bandwagon fans that talk crap behind keyboards. Its the same 2 people who keep talking down to every one on here. If someone's opinion's doesn't lineup with yours they're idiots according to you. Grow the F up

difference between street and race car smartass do you know the difference... if you knew who told me you'd say my bad

I just looked at this thread

Dude, you want to keep up with the smartass comments i'll be glad to meet up with you anywhere otherwise shut up with you 10 yr comments. I don't care if this gets edited or deleted I'm sick of you bandwagon fans that talk crap behind keyboards. Its the same 2 people who keep talking down to every one on here. If someone's opinion's doesn't lineup with yours they're idiots according to you. Grow the F up

By the way Merry Christmas to you and your family !

I see. Just your wild imagination !!!

From your signature, I notice that you are in the "Mountain" region.

Do you even know who JeffJ is???!!!

Do you realize that he works the CTSC races as an official?

Do you not realize that he knows shit that he can't even tell us yet?

Time to grow up........

Archived