TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Words Out 2016 Ford Mustang Svt 700 Hp Gt350 With Whipple Supercharger

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I spoke with someone who works for Ford and liasons all the Roush stuff. When I spoke with him he claimed he was on some Ford Racing/SVT board and in his last meeting there were no plans for any special mustang until after the 2016 year models...

I'm not going to argue with you on "truths" but my bet says no. No Whipple CARB going thru at the moment, Shelby can't even get it done for the Super Snake. Ford's DEEP into turbo and EcoBoost (hint) and Roush has NEVER worked with Whipple on the Coyote only TVS (except I guess on the Raptor but that's post-title), not that Jack had anything to do with the current SVT line. Is it possible? Sure.... but it wouldn't make sense or jibe with the current push. If this car is also going to be a "World" car, think about it. Just sayin'.... IMHO.

I think it would be ironic if SVT did an "Ecoboost" (think 6 banger) for an SVT GT350. That would be historic, and I wouldn't want to be close to CS's grave when it happened, lots of rolling around there…….. :cool:

That Ecoboost is a bad ass engine and working well for Mike Shank and the Gnassi boys in the Tudor Series. The question is how to make it "sound" like a proper Mustang.

That Ecoboost is a bad ass engine and working well for Mike Shank and the Gnassi boys in the Tudor Series. The question is how to make it "sound" like a proper Mustang.

There are dozens of "bad ass" 4 bangers and six bangers, but they don't belong in a Mustang, Corvette, Challenger, Viper, etc. And there is no way to make them sound like anything but tuner type fartpipes.

No Whipple CARB going thru at the moment,

Whipple just recently released a supercharger (kit?) for the 2015+ 5.0 Coyote Mustang that advertises 700HP. I can't remember for SURE but I thought it was EO numbered. But since they specifically listed it for the MUSTANG (and not just FORD) I'd say there's at least a possibility of SVT making some sort of 700HP Mustang in the future (IMHO).

I'll see if I can find the blurb on it.

But ironically and somewhat related to the subject at hand, they released a 700HP Whipple and now there is the rumor of a 700HP Shelby or GT350 with a Whipple on it. Personally, I am of the belief that it will NOT be a Shelby but it WILL be a GT350.

Things that make ya go HMMMMMmmmmmmmm.

Phill

"Alas" the new Shelby "Cobra" upgrade !

I won't be surprised if Shelby American (Las Vegas) comes out with something like that on either a regular Mustang or on the (rumored) SVT GT350. That would allow Ford to offer a SVT Mustang of some sort and yet allow Shelby to 'upfit' it to (for instance) a GT500 or a GT350®. That would also go right along with their past history (take a GT500 and upgrade it to a GT500 Super Snake, etc).

That's just something *I* think is a very real possibility and mostly based on rumor and speculation.

But it also makes good business sense for Shelby. I mean, rather than curl up in a ball and let Ford make all the money on Shelby's name/s, Shelby could get the license fees from Ford but still make some money by upgrading Fords product.

Does that make any sense or did I complicate my thoughts by trying to say too much?

Phill

How quickly you all forget about the mustang svo in the 80's.

I'm not at ALL familiar with it. Can you elaborate?

I've seen a SHO Taurus and a SVT (Mustang) Cobra but to be more than honest, I know squat about either.

What was the Mustang SVO?

Phill

Could very well start out as a SVT GT350, 575 HP, from Ford, and a Shelby "Cobra" 700 HP Upgrade. Makes sense. Lighter car (i.e. orginal cobra}, independent rear suspension etc. No direct repeat of history here, just a new "World Beater" heading into the future !!! It's all starting to make sense.

and Roush has NEVER worked with Whipple on the Coyote only TVS (except I guess on the Raptor but that's post-title),

I am seriously considering a upgrade on my 2012 Raptor with either the Shelby Raptor package or the Roush Off-Road Raptor package so I spoke at length with the Roush Representative at the MCA 50th in Las Vegas last month. According to him and his Roush business associate, the Roush Raptor is a PRE-title vehicle, not post-title.

However, other than the ID plate that mounts under the hood and a couple of exterior badges identifying it as a Roush Raptor, Roush will sell you all of the parts necessary to build a Roush Raptor (in Kit form) but it won't be a genuine Roush Off-Road Raptor. The only way to get a "genuine" serialized Roush Raptor is to buy it from a Roush dealer. It was explained to me that Roush buys a bunch of Raptors in bulk, upfits them with the Off-Road Raptor parts then sells them through their dealer network unlike Shelby that allows a person to send their vehicle to them and upfit it as a post-title vehicle.

I don't know if the title shows the vehicle (Mustang or Raptor) as a Roush or not but when you buy a Roush Mustang or Raptor from a dealer, it is sold as a NEW vehicle. Shelby can't offer you the same thing (such as with the GT500 Super Snake, the GT350 or the Shelby Raptor).

Phill

Could very well start out as a SVT GT350, supercharged 575 HP, from Ford, and a Shelby "Cobra" 700 HP Upgrade. Makes sense. Lighter car (i.e. orginal cobra}, independent rear suspension etc.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm thinking too.

And just think...With more horsepower and in a lighter car. it's gonna EAT UP a '12 or '13 GT500!

Phill

I recently took delivery of a 2012 GT350. I was able to find and buy a 2012 GT premium from a Florida dealer that sells unused Roush cars. Quite a unique car. My window sticker shows delivery to, and purchase by Roush, then sent to Shelby and turned into a GT350. Makes for good conversation. Now back to the original topic. I'm calling Shelby on Monday to see if I can put a deposit on an early serial number Ford SVT GT350 Shelby Cobra !

Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm thinking too.

And just think...With more horsepower and in a lighter car. it's gonna EAT UP a '12 or '13 GT500!

Phill

And give the Eurpoean sports car market a run for it's money, which seemed to be a priority with the new Mustang platform. Wow! The boys at ford seem to really know what they're doing.

Whipple just recently released a supercharger (kit?) for the 2015+ 5.0 Coyote Mustang that advertises 700HP. I can't remember for SURE but I thought it was EO numbered. But since they specifically listed it for the MUSTANG (and not just FORD) I'd say there's at least a possibility of SVT making some sort of 700HP Mustang in the future (IMHO).

I'll see if I can find the blurb on it.

But ironically and somewhat related to the subject at hand, they released a 700HP Whipple and now there is the rumor of a 700HP Shelby or GT350 with a Whipple on it. Personally, I am of the belief that it will NOT be a Shelby but it WILL be a GT350.

Things that make ya go HMMMMMmmmmmmmm.

Phill

I was offered a 700+HP upgrade on my GT350 delivered about 9 months ago by SAI. They said it could be easily added as I had the 624 Whipple, but it would not pass emissions in several states, but would in mine. They are already out there.

Well, Im just going to put it out there since we don't have any concrete information YET. LONG before anyone was talking about SVT, I posted a thread HERE that, based on information I had from various sources both IN SVT/FORD and out, I predicted the next SVT would be a GT350. Not long after, SAI discontinued the GT350 line, which seemed to jibe with the information I had received and make room for SVT to rekindle that nameplate. Also makes sense since the Super Snake is nearing the end of its CAP, but we really don't know how close they are since SAI keeps those numbers pretty close to the vest. Additional information I came across via the annual dealer's convention in LV with Ford, led me to believe the following and I will add it to my prediction. Again, I will preface this with - "I KNOW NOTHING DEFINITIVELY AND AM ONLY BASING THIS PREDICTION ON SEVERAL CONVERSATIONS WITH KEY PLAYERS IN THE INDUSTRY".

I predict that the SVT model will still be the GT350, probably launched in 2016 at the earliest. It will feature a 5.0 twin-turbo EcoBoost based on a variant of the Roadrunner (with forged internals) engine making around 600hp and a modest boost level. I only presume that SAI will have an upgrade to this model which would in theory be the new GT500 or "Super Cobra". Both cars can easily be modified with suspension upgrades that would further enhance the handling performance to levels unseen in Mustangs thus far.

Now, If Ford sticks with its model, which is a ten-year cycle, the line has to have room to grow. Its not until the last two years of that cycle that the apex of the model is released. They have been consistent with this model since the beginning of SVT - Fox body, 1993 SVT Cobra (which also translated into the 94/95), 2003 SVT Cobra (Terminator) and most recently the 2013 SVT Cobra (GT500). If they stick with this model the next apex won't be until 2023 SVT Cobra (????????) and the end of the platforms cycle. If they peek any earlier they have no where to go.....

I don't know anything special, I just happen to be around people that do on a regular basis. Could all this be total hogwash? Absolutely! But, Rich Ford and HyperStangs are already investing heavily in new tech and aftermarket upgrade development (suspension tuning, ceramic brakes, IRS, data-logging, shock dyno, lightweight composites, etc.) based on this scenario - so I'm sure hoping its right.

J

Hyperstangs, everything you say has logic. Remember my earlier post about false propaganda. Ford SVT would like everyone, including Chevy to speculate logically. Remember what SVT did to the Camaro ZL1. Waiting until the right time to pounce with 662 Horsepower. SVT considers every move as performance car warfare. I believe you heard what you heard about the 5.0 Ecoboost. But is it real or a diversion. Logic would tell me Ford has at least an honorary commitment with SAI, in honor of CS himself, and that is to facilitate a continuation series (largest displacement possible, in the wake of the Supersnake), based on an SVT supercharged platform ( easier done with a blower upgrade than new turbocharge bolt ons. which do not have the same development and support as a direct factory replacement. All this according to my little bird.

Hyperstangs, everything you say has logic. Remember my earlier post about false propaganda. Ford SVT would like everyone, including Chevy to speculate logically. Remember what SVT did to the Camaro ZL1. Waiting until the right time to pounce with 662 Horsepower. SVT considers every move as performance car warfare. I believe you heard what you heard about the 5.0 Ecoboost. But is it real or a diversion. Logic would tell me Ford has at least an honorary commitment with SAI, in honor of CS himself, and that is to facilitate a continuation series (largest displacement possible, in the wake of the Supersnake), based on an SVT supercharged platform ( easier done with a blower upgrade than new turbocharge bolt ons. which do not have the same development and support as a direct factory replacement. All this according to my little bird.

Your bird was shot dead cause FORD will never be releasing a 750hp Mustang on the street. Either back up your words or stop the B.S.ing

Wow ! I don't ever remember talking of 750 HP. My last post mentions 575 from Ford with a SAI upgrade to 700. Why such hostility. Isn't this supposed to be fun? Now how would you like me to back up my words? Travel into the future and bring back a car?

Archived