TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Trade My 2011 Gt500 For A 2013 Gt500?

I wouldn't be too concerned about livening up a 2013 - 2014! These cars are quite amazing even in stock configuration. I ran some errands this morning and people must think I'm crazy ...whenever I'm at a traffic light I have a huge smile on my face :) I traded in my '12 for '14 in January...have NO regrets. If your budget allows, I say go find a new '14 and get it the way you want it.

I own a 2014, and yes I still think a 3.73 gear would be better suited for the car, and the longevity of the clutch. Near 4000lbs and a long gear is not good for clutch life. It's not a coincidence so many '13-14 owners are having clutch faitlures, particularly when people are swapping out the stock Goodyear's with an MPSS or other related tire which is TALLER than the stock, hence making the gears even taller.

IMO Ford essentially put the long 3.31 rear gear in the car to acheive a "marketing" 200mph advertisement, and to avoid gas guzzler tax.

I get the impression that the folks talking about doing modifications aren't that concerned about warranty to begin with, particulaly since gears = tuning to the ECU.

OP,

In two of your responses, you used the term....."settle"......DON'T!!

For this kind of investment, get exactly what you want. I am in California and ended up buying in Ohio.........

Not that I am biased toward your color choice or anything...... :wub: :wub:

Good Luck,

Mike

I had a 2011 traded it in last fall with 15000 miles on it got $40,000 for it. Bought a 13 sticker was 67000 paid 62000. I think the 13 is easier with the longer gears the 11 was kind of a pain with 1st gear being so short the clutch in the 13 needs a little getting used to with the spring assist but the car is badass so glad i traded.

• 1 year later...

You'll love the Grabber Blue with Black Stripes...... Everyone adores this color even more than the Kona Blue. Very low production numbers and extremely rare find.

• 3 weeks later...

Reference the NEW or USED status. A big concern would be what is the "IN SERVICE" date for the car. You should get the VIN and call Ford to find out if there is an "in service" date. That is the date which starts the warranty. If there is already an in service date, then it is a used car. If not, then it is a new car and warranty will start the day you buy it.

Archived