TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2015 Terlingua (Digibash)

Droog

• 2 weeks later...

When was the last time someone seen a Terlingua come up For Sale?

I got my eye on that Blue one if he ever decides to sell... hahaha

When was the last time someone seen a Terlingua come up For Sale?

I got my eye on that Blue one if he ever decides to sell... hahaha

Robert and Sharon have their very significant yellow/black hood Terlingua for sale right now. It was used in many photo shoots with Carroll.

Robert and Sharon have their very significant yellow/black hood Terlingua for sale right now. It was used in many photo shoots with Carroll.

REALLY? I saw one of their KRs up for sale, didn't know about the Terlingua. That's my second favorite Shelby EVER, love that car.

Stupid lottery. I can't catch a break!

(Actually, we have no lottery here in Vegas, so... )

Jer

REALLY? I saw one of their KRs up for sale, didn't know about the Terlingua. That's my second favorite Shelby EVER, love that car.

Stupid lottery. I can't catch a break!

(Actually, we have no lottery here in Vegas, so... )

Jer

Sharon posted it on April 10th on FB if you look at her page. Yea, major bummer, but would be an absolutely wonderful Terlingua to own for sure.

I have the 2009 Terlingua Convertible in Grabber Orange with 5 speed, upgraded interior, supercharger, and suspension package. Basically my car has every option that was available for the 2009 year except navigation and also every option that Shelby offered.

The car has participated in the last 3 annual Terlingua events, Mustang Across America, it is in the Mustang 50th Registry book 1 & 2 and I have a copy to go with the car, and it has also participated in and won best in class at the 2014 Shelby Bash.

Mechanically car is pretty much perfect, it has a VMP tune which is much better but still conservative. I do have the original tune and the original tuner though to go with the car.

I have records of all of the previous owners and hundreds of pictures of the car all over the US and with other Terlinguas.

Car has 30K on in it and is driven on weekends by me and the wife when the weather is nice - other than the annual trip to Terlingua is probably gets 75-100 miles a month in.

I want to buy a Ford GT and so this car is for sale, asking price for a Team Shelby Member is $65,000.

Car is located in Houston Texas.

A Cash deal is preferred - title is in the safe.

Alex,

You are a funny fellow! :lol:

Miss ya bud, see you in Terlingua soon.

David

What is Sharon asking for her Bunny? (Not on FB either)

And David....this is the time to post yours....

Alex

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

My qualm isn't so much about the price but that they could have done a twin-turbo V6 or even a heavily modified Ecoboost to live up to the spirit of the Terlingua, but I think I understand where they're coming from. Would people really want to pay 50-66k modifying a V6 or Ecoboost? The market was likely limited as it is considering they're only doing 50 of them.

That said I am really glad they're doing it. Ever since the Triple Yellow came out I knew this new body would make a killer looking Terlingua and it does look the part (I'd still paint the front a bit more black for traditionalist sake)

I was really excited when I heard they were making it again however I just can't justify spending that much for that build. All of the SAI products look way to similar to me.

I guess I will just have to buy a couple more stickers for the KR. ?

I was really excited when I heard they were making it again however I just can't justify spending that much for that build. All of the SAI products look way to similar to me.

I guess I will just have to buy a couple more stickers for the KR.

Yes, that is exactly my complaint and I have ordered a Terlingua. I already talked to the guys at SAI about a slight adjustment to the finished version of the Terlingua because if you sit the Shelby GT side by side with the Terlingua its the same except car except for graphics and emblems and considering the price difference you would think they would have some Terlingua only pieces/parts. Even the Super Snake is exactly the same minus the Hood and Wheels. Yes, I'm aware the Bunny has different brakes but most don't know that. My suggestion to them to alter a few things so its not a twin sister is change the wheels to Forgeline Laguna and powdercoat the center Black. These wheels resemble the old Minilites used on many Trans Am era cars and look amazing. I would offer an adjustable front splitter and I would change the rear Oval exhaust tips to Quad tips like the GT350. Then a simple change is replace the Cobra Wheel Cap emblems to a Bunny

I've liked the "Minilite-inspired" Shelby CS56 wheels since their inception. 18x9.5, ET +45.

24247065989_b315f37475_o.jpg

24532614251_cc40820529_b.jpg

At least if Shelby used those it would set it apart from the Shelby GT. The Super Snake got its on paws so why not the Bunny? In my opinion they rushed this to market and cut corners by using the same parts. If you are going to ask a price way higher than the Shelby GT then it should have its own parts like wheels and such

I think the way SAI is poising the car is that it's a limited edition variant of the Shelby GT. I know we purists want it to really stand out but I'm guessing the economics of it just wouldn't have worked.

If they had taken a V6 and twin-turbo'd it or heavily modified the Ecoboost would we be more receptive to it? It certainly makes me consider doing the conversion myself if I somehow found a hunk of money laying around.

I think the way SAI is poising the car is that it's a limited edition variant of the Shelby GT. I know we purists want it to really stand out but I'm guessing the economics of it just wouldn't have worked.

If they had taken a V6 and twin-turbo'd it or heavily modified the Ecoboost would we be more receptive to it? It certainly makes me consider doing the conversion myself if I somehow found a hunk of money laying around.

I was told today that the chief engineer designer said the finished car will be AS IS seen in the Yellow one. Maybe SAI needs a new designer as we are not the only 2 who say all of their current cars Shelby GT, Super Snake, Terlingua, heck even the Eco-boost are all the same exact car! If the Terlingua is your top dog package then why if you remove the Bunny emblems its a Shelby GT? I know for a fact their new Shelby GT package is not selling at all so slap the Terlingua name on it and colors up the price and now its selling.

I like the Terlingua and is why I ordered one because the name and colors and history are different but at that price I expected it not to be 90 percent not the same as the Shelby GT. At least if they used different wheels it would appear to be a different car but every single part off the Shelby GT was used except for the brakes and that is my complaint

Trust me, when mine is done it will be altered and won't look like a Shelby GT

Archived