TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Boost Issues

I noticed that recently my 2011 GT500 seems to surge under WOT. At times, when i try to do get a little agressive with the power, the engine seems to cut power and doesn't pick up till i lay off the gas and apply gradually. What could be the issue? The car spends most of its time in the garage so I don't think anything could be wrong mechanically. I do have a JLT CAI, VMP pulley/idler, VMP tune. I dont think any of the upgrades could be causing this. Am I having a bonehead moment and missing something that I shouldn't be???

I noticed that recently my 2011 GT500 seems to surge under WOT. At times, when i try to do get a little agressive with the power, the engine seems to cut power and doesn't pick up till i lay off the gas and apply gradually. What could be the issue? The car spends most of its time in the garage so I don't think anything could be wrong mechanically. I do have a JLT CAI, VMP pulley/idler, VMP tune. I dont think any of the upgrades could be causing this. Am I having a bonehead moment and missing something that I shouldn't be???

Check your fuel filter. If you can't blow though it EASILY, it's clogged and causing a lean surge.

EDIT: I changed mine with just under 5000 miles on it and it was already restricted.

Phill

Archived