TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Central Pa. Aution. 1969 Shelby Gt 500 Sold

jdkuba

They are beautiful cars to look at and admire but I prefer the late models for comfortable driving. The 428 and 427 had the same issue as todays cars when it comes to getting all the HP/TQ on the ground without roasting the tires.

Was at the auction today. Bidding opened at $100,000 and increased in $10K increments up to the winning bid of $280,000 by a local businessman from State College, Pa. Didn't write his name down but IMOP he overpaid for this car. For 8,531 original miles and not driven in bad weather the engine was really grimy and left front quarter was repainted. Fuel line from tank to fuel pump was clogged so they had to feed gas from a gal jug to fuel pump for it to run and then it would hardly idle! Must be nice to have money to piss away just to have a car that you have to have. 71 Ranchero went for $41K and 74 Van went for $22K. WOW

On the TV show Chasing Classics Cars a fellow bought a similar vintage and miles Yenko Camaro for around $260,000 at auction. The real difference was the Camaro well cared for. The buyer of the Camaro came to the auction with a half million to spend on a car or cars. I would have guessed this Shelby would have gone in the 180-200 range. I suppose if a person has that much disposable income anything is possible.

Archived