TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Installing Bolt-Ons And Tuning

maqueswell

Hello my fellow Beast Owners,

I have made the decision to install some bolt-on modifications to my Beast. Below are the mods I plan on installing;

Lethal Performance H-Pipe

Ford Racing Twin 65mm Cobra Jet Throttle Body

JLT CAI

Steeda 2.65 Pulley

Metco Motorsports Aux Idler Pulley Kit or Steeda Mustang Belt Tensioner (any USEFUL opinions between the 2?)

I have several questions, has anyone else modded their Beast with these bolt-ons and experienced any issues? I want to save my OEM tune, do performance shops save them for you (I know it's a question for my performance shop) ?

All this tuning is new to me.

Thanks...Max

Hello my fellow Beast Owners,

I have made the decision to install some bolt-on modifications to my Beast. Below are the mods I plan on installing;

Lethal Performance H-Pipe

Ford Racing Twin 65mm Cobra Jet Throttle Body

JLT CAI

Steeda 2.65 Pulley

Metco Motorsports Aux Idler Pulley Kit or Steeda Mustang Belt Tensioner (any USEFUL opinions between the 2?)

I have several questions, has anyone else modded their Beast with these bolt-ons and experienced any issues? I want to save my OEM tune, do performance shops save them for you (I know it's a question for my performance shop) ?

All this tuning is new to me.

Thanks...Max

Your tuning tool will save the stock tune before loading a hi-po tune.

Phill

I had (about 2 years) pretty much the same setup with 0 issues. My setup was:

2.65 VMP upper

10% IW lower

JLT 127 intake tube

CJ65 TB

90mm Aux idler

Thump tensioner

I would recommend the thump tensioner as it's so much easier to use (1/2" drive (instead of 3/8") and more range).

How did you settle on this combination of mods?

Hello Speedrx,

I did a lot of research between multiple SVT, Shelby & GT500 forums, settled on popular product/manufactures and performed more research on the above parts/mods that I want installed on me Beast. Is there anything wrong with any of the choices I made?

Your tuning tool will save the stock tune before loading a hi-po tune.

Phill

Thanks Phil,

What I need to do is call my performance shop and ask if they can save my OEM tune before implementing the custom tune.

I had (about 2 years) pretty much the same setup with 0 issues. My setup was:

2.65 VMP upper

10% IW lower

JLT 127 intake tube

CJ65 TB

90mm Aux idler

Thump tensioner

I would recommend the thump tensioner as it's so much easier to use (1/2" drive (instead of 3/8") and more range).

Hey DaFreak,

Thanks...question, what is a "10% IW lower" (still learning the acronyms)? Did you install the 90mm Aux Idler AND Thump Tensioner?

Hey DaFreak,

Thanks...question, what is a "10% IW lower" (still learning the acronyms)? Did you install the 90mm Aux Idler AND Thump Tensioner?

It's a lower (crank) pulley that is 10% larger than stock, thereby spinning the supercharger faster for more boost.

Phill

If you get a dyno custom tune you will not have a copy of the original tune. You would have to take the car to a Ford dealer and reflash the original tune but then you would have to remove all the performance items also. You should just consider that the parts and custom tune are permanent.

Archived