TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Warranty Repairs On Your 2013-14 Gt500?

daveh70

My car has only about 1500 miles. It's had the rear main seal replaced. Electrical work was done on the console buttons for hazard, traction control and the trunk release. I don't like the plastic arm that holds up the shoulder seat belt and I think it's snapped somewhere inside but could be wrong. What repairs have you had done on your car so far?

None, got 2100mi. Replaced stock GY tires with Michelin PSS.

~8400 miles on mine. Zero repairs. Replacing the GYs with MPSS is the single best "mod" I've done to the car.

I have 11K miles on my 14 and no repairs, but I agree the seatbelt hold back device suck.

+1 for the lousy design of the seatbelt guide.

I just cracked 200 miles on mine and totally trouble free. I'm not going for the low mile award, just a rotten winter, Easter weekend with kids home, always something getting in the way it seems. I know I need to get it out more.

I've got rattling between 2500 and 3000 rpm in 2nd and 4th. It's a 2014 with 1000 miles on now. If I rest my hand or apply pressure on the shifter that makes the sound go away or change. Dealer checked shifter bolts and looked around but in the end said I should break it in another 1000 miles before deciding what to do next. Anyone have anything like this?

Just crossed 3k on our 2014 (mostly the extended drive to Vegas for the Shelby Bash and Mustang 50th) with no problems yet -- though like many others it's also got MPSS's in it's very near future.

I've thought the seat belt bracket sucked since the 2010 and really wish they'd come up with an improved version. It's especially not friendly to shorter people (like my wife) with the Recaros. There's just no easy way to adjust the height it hits you at.

4,850 miles on my 14 in 10-months. Two problems I have noted. Seems to be a leak in the fuel system...have to fill up every 200 miles or so and the rear rubber traction holder thingy seems to act up when I press the go-button. Zero issues with entire car. :)

4,850 miles on my 14 in 10-months. Two problems I have noted. Seems to be a leak in the fuel system...have to fill up every 200 miles or so and the rear rubber traction holder thingy seems to act up when I press the go-button. Zero issues with entire car. :)

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

8300 miles my daily driver

5 attempts to repair faulty Recaro seat cover as the

clips aren't t securing the lower leading edge of either front seat.

Dealer finally replaced drivers side lower seat cover for subsequent fraying of stitching. Passenger seat still broken.

Squeak coming from left side of car when engaged in right turn. Thought it might have been front hydro bearing but dealer says it is the left rear. They applied lube which fixed the problem for one day.

Need to bring it back for that one.

Buzzing in right front speaker (shaker 1000) at more than 1/3 volume. Dealer added insulation in the door which seems to help the resonance problem.

Replaced right Cat for check engine light at about 6000 miles.

Occasionally sounds like a backfire when starting.

Non- warranty replaced rear tires as a faulty spike strip at work mangled it. The supplied spare in a can/compressor failed to work. They gave me a new one of those.

Car is tramlining like crazy now. I might have them check the alignment. Anyone have the alignment specs for these? Starting to count dealer days in service.

8200 on my 2013 GT500, only issue was an alignment problem I noticed when I first got the car, had 10 miles on it. Ford took care of it and no more issues since.

photo (3).JPG

675 miles currently on my car, and I've contacted the local Ford dealer pertaining to the notorious 2nd gear lockout/grind when shifting at higher RPM's from 1st gear. According to the service manager, there currently is no known fix from Ford on this, but he assumed this is a well known issue.

• 2 weeks later...

I spoke too soon.... The check engine light come on last week -- took it into the dealer and they checked the engine over and found nothing wrong. It was a P050B code without an accompanying detail code, so they turned it off and said if it happens again, bring it back. Came on again yesterday so it took the car back in this morning... Per another post I found on the forum this issue is usually a fuel line problem with a TSB issued -- sure enough, they wound up replacing a fuel canister and fuel line today. All under warranty with no fight. Hopefully that's the end of it.

Archived