TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2012 Gt350

I'm considering the purchase of a low mileage 2012 GT350 convertible. Are there any issues, particularly Ford related, that I should be looking for? What are most you doing about tires? Are the original Goodyears okay or have you gone with something else?

I was next to a red 2012 GT350 'vert at the big Tucson show about a month ago. We talked for a long time about our cars, and he had nothing but good things to say about his so far (6500 miles), and he said he liked the Goodyears he had fine. The only thing we both complained about was the el cheapo parade boot for the folded top, what a piece of junk that is, a Ford item BTW.

I have less than 4000 miles on the Goodyears, but they have handled well on daily drives, road course, highway and heavy rain. I may switch when they need to be changed, but not for now. These are the same type that they used to put on Corvette ZR1 models for awhile. Without a spare, run flat performance tires are the best choice for me now.

Only suggestion I have is get the VIN and have one of the service guys at your local Ford dealer run it and see if there have been any major warranty problems. If not, you should be good to go. I've not had any problem with the tires, but will also look for a good run flat replacement when it's time to change. They have worked well for me and seem pretty sticky on back roads.

John

Archived