TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ready To Lower My 09 Gt500, What To Buy

Chair_Force_One

Hey guys, I am ready to lower my stock 09 GT500. What do I need to buy besides the springs and adj panhard bar? Also which springs should I buy (cheaper the better) and from where? I would like to buy everything at the same time from the same place. suggestions? btw, I wont be taking it to the track and I am keeping the stock wheels.

Rich

It depends on how low you want to go, but I went with the GT500KR suspension and although I think the rear could still be a little bit lower, I'm very happy with the ride and the height change. For the price of under $200 you can't beat it for what you get since it comes with 4 shocks, 4 springs, and all new suspension hardware. Just be careful as two of the front shock nuts they sent me were the wrong thread pitch.

I did the Ford Racing springs and very pleased. IMO - forget about the adjustable panhard bar. Go for the watts link instead. You won't be disappointed.

I got the "all you can eat" kit from Van and have been happy with it. I do have to be careful now leaving/entering parking lots with grades on them since I've put a Super Snake CF splitter on the front. Have had it scrape a couple of times and it's given me the "sucking on a lemonheads sour" face. The guys who installed it didn't put locktite on the panhard bar lock nuts so I had to readjust it and made sure they wouldn't come loose. I need to climb under there and double check everything else and also install one of the Shelby Transmission cooler things that's been sitting in the garage all winter waiting to go on.

-steve

Who has money for a Watts Link? not me lol

$650 for Fays2 watts link vs 100-$150 for a decent panhard bar, I see your point, but, behind my TVS it is hands down the best modification I have made to my car. Unbelievable difference in how the car feels.

Archived