TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Track Day

Orf

Hail storm?

You might get t-boned at a stop light tomorrow, too.

C'mon - we'll go up together!

I'll go first to kill the bugs for ya!

My Vette buddy went to the BMW driving school in Spartanburg, SC last year.

He spent a day flogging an M5 around a road course.

He said he'd never - ever - had that much fun in one day.

No cops. No trees. No stone walls. Just grass!

Live a little. :happy feet:

Make Carroll proud.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Then stop playing around on the Strip - and drive it to PA - you can play with the Big Dogs!

Life is short - Drive, Daddy! :shift:

We've all seen Snoopy, in the comic strip. He ain't no big dog. Should the same be said about his namesake?

Just teasing, Bill. Taking a Shelby to the track would be like building a stout 4WD vehicle and taking it rock crawling. Who would ever do such a thing. :stirpot:

***EDIT: Typo***

As of now... how many ppl are planning on doing this track day?

Are you driving there, trailoring there... teleporting or something like that there? :lol:

Right now, I think we have 5 "very interested" participants. I'd like to set a goal of a dozen GT500s, but it doesn't look like there is that much interest.

I'm driving there, but I only live an hour away. I might have my wife drive my truck up with some supplemental rims and tires - just in case.

10-4. What kind of tires would you buy?

Nittos or BFGs. Haven't made up my mind yet. It would be nice if someone offered 325s for the rear.

I might opt for the Steeda Ultra Lites, in black, for the rims, too.

Got a link for the rims?

I'm lovin' my KDW's. Man - they stick.

I went looking for it, and they seem to have removed the black ultra lites from the web site. These Pentars are close, and light weight as well.

Rims

Man - that's a lot of black....do they have any with a polished lip? (I'll take a look)

I'm not a fan of chrome. A polished lip might look ok, but I like the all black. That's why Baskin-Robins made more than one flavor. :yup:

Absolutely! Go for 'em!

Snoop - you puttin' us on?

If I can locate a 2 car trailer and borrow a tow vehicle - you willing to split the diesel with me?

I know I can borrow a diesel Excursion - I just need to find a trailer.

This sounds very interesting. I think I'd like to come along - and I know of another black GT500 coupe in the area that may want to go as well. Maybe str8black500, myself and the other coupe could start a DC caravan...

DC isn't that far. Maybe 4 hours, depending on the exact location in VA. I can give you a route that, while it might take a little more time, would be more fun than interstate highway driving.

That 4 hour time is to the part of town I live in. Add another hour to get to the track.

I'll be in touch with everyone who expresses interest. Even Poop Doggy Dog - though I know he's too scared to come out and play. :poke:

DC isn't that far. Maybe 4 hours, depending on the exact location in VA. I can give you a route that, while it might take a little more time, would be more fun than interstate highway driving.

That 4 hour time is to the part of town I live in. Add another hour to get to the track.

I'll be in touch with everyone who expresses interest. Even Poop Doggy Dog - though I know he's too scared to come out and play. :poke:

I sorta know where Beaver is. I went to IUP in the late 70s thru early 80s - you might know it. Yahoo tells me it's 250 miles from here - entirely worth it.

I brought up this idea over the winter, but there wasn't any interest at the time. I assume that was because there was no date set, and it was too far off.

There is a track,north of Pittsburgh, close to the Ohio line that is willing to let us come play. Another StangsUnleased member has the connections and got this set up for us. I was elected to let everyone else know about it. The track is BeaveRun - Linky.

Here is the message I got today regarding the event:

Thursday July 19th has been established as the date Bever Run will close the track to the public for us to play. We will be sharing the track with the Ferarri club. The cost is $165 per car. There will be an unoffical schedule of who is on the track throughout the day broken into 3 divisions, Experienced, Novilist and Beginer. Each division will have several scheduled times on and off of the track throughout the day. This is so the new people like me can go whatever speed trying to learn without getting in the way of others while those who really want to get on it won't have to deal with someone on the track just playing which I like. This is open only to whoever we invite, it is not being advertised.

Add a reply to this thread if you are interested, or Pm

Can I track my vert without a roll cage? Most tracks won't let me. Also helmet requirement? I can't find this info on the link to their site.

Thanks, Dan. Looks like entry level is about $300. Whew!

The track says they have a "limited" number of rental helmets. I hope so. At this point, I can't lay out 3 bills for something I won't hardly ever use.

Thanks, Dan. Looks like entry level is about $300. Whew!

The track says they have a "limited" number of rental helmets. I hope so. At this point, I can't lay out 3 bills for something I won't hardly ever use.

yeah, but it helps for :finger: too :hysterical:

Can I track my vert without a roll cage? Most tracks won't let me. Also helmet requirement? I can't find this info on the link to their site.

My 'vert has no roll cage and I've been told I can go out there. I'm sure there is a helmet requirement. I wonder if any DOT approved helmet will do. I have one for when I ride my ATV.

Archived