TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Track Day

Orf

I brought up this idea over the winter, but there wasn't any interest at the time. I assume that was because there was no date set, and it was too far off.

There is a track,north of Pittsburgh, close to the Ohio line that is willing to let us come play. Another StangsUnleased member has the connections and got this set up for us. I was elected to let everyone else know about it. The track is BeaveRun - Linky.

Here is the message I got today regarding the event:

Thursday July 19th has been established as the date Bever Run will close the track to the public for us to play. We will be sharing the track with the Ferarri club. The cost is $165 per car. There will be an unoffical schedule of who is on the track throughout the day broken into 3 divisions, Experienced, Novilist and Beginer. Each division will have several scheduled times on and off of the track throughout the day. This is so the new people like me can go whatever speed trying to learn without getting in the way of others while those who really want to get on it won't have to deal with someone on the track just playing which I like. This is open only to whoever we invite, it is not being advertised.

Add a reply to this thread if you are interested, or PM me.

It would be nice if we could get a decent number of GT500s signed up.

Looking for competition? How about some Ferraris? Could make for some nice photo opportunities. Video, too.

Oh. The quote above is taken verbatim. I just re-read it, and I don't think there will be a division for novilists. Unless Ruf decides to show up. Then he'd be by himself. Of course, if he shows up, that might happen anyway. (That's a joke, Ruf) I'm pretty sure that division would be for Novices.

***Edit - forgot to add the url for the link***

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why is it on a Thursday? :banghead:

[sarcasm]Going out on a limb here, but maybe because they would lose too much money on a weekend?[/sarcasm]

You can take time off. Tell Copilot that you have a three day industry conference in Beaver, PA. She'll never know.

I know you want another shot at me after I smoked you in NC. :stirpot:

The S197 Shelby Club would like to participate in this. Let me talk it over to try to work out some details about the date. I will let you know, the only thing that might stop us is the date. It would be a lot of fun. I will know more next week.

Beaver??

Smoked??

:hysterical:

Yes, Beaver, PA. County seat of Beaver County. Link Best known for the liquor store on Main Street - Beaver Liquors. Try to say that with a straight face.

And,yes, smoked. I know I said it before, but I will get the video up, traction-issues boy.

The S197 Shelby Club would like to participate in this. Let me talk it over to try to work out some details about the date. I will let you know, the only thing that might stop us is the date. It would be a lot of fun. I will know more next week.

That would be great. Maybe I should have PM'd you before posting this.

We have another show going on that weekend, I will have to discuss with Robert to see if both can be done. The 19th is also my birthday, however could there be a better way to spend your birthday than racing? :shift:

Is this a thing that will only happen if you can get enough ppl to sign up?

If i can schedule the time off from work i would definatley be interested, especially for only $165.

Good question. I'll look into it. I think the Ferrari club is already scheduled for that day, and we would be an "add-on".

I know of two of us who are planning to be there.

If traction-issue boy can be persuaded to bring his pullied-up monster to the event, I propose a "slowest time buys dinner" event. (between the 3 of us) I don't want to cause either one of you hardship!

Which course would we be on?

Yep. If you can lap faster than Orf & I, you get dinner!

I like my prime rib medium! :hysterical2:

You might as give me the check now. I've never driven on a track. I'll be in the beginner division.

The closest I've come is driving a formula ford style, open wheel car on an autocross course, a couple of times in college.

If I'm buying, I'll suggest the restaurant. I know of a few nice places around here.

How far is Hickory from Va Beach again ... and not doing 95mph the whole way. :hysterical:

For me, 6.5 hours. For you, 8.

Roughly 440 miles, almost all freeway driving. At the legal speed limit, that's 6.75 hours. Two stops for fuel - one stop to eat - two stops to lift your leg - right around 8 hours.

At this point, this event sounds like a winner.

I really don't see them turning us loose on the track with a bunch of Prancing Horses, though....

I'd have to brush up on my heel and toeing before coming up there. Ruf's been a bit tentative since The Wall.

My 350Z would probably give you stiffer competition! That car was so well balanced.

I talked to some folks who went down to Myrtle Beach last year for Mustang week. They said the temp was near 100 - and the blacktop parking lot fried their sneakers.

This gig would be hands-on!

Do we have to wear helmets?

How about rollbars for verts?

+1

What's the difference if you drive one hour 8 times - or 8 hours one time?

My car is a daily driver. I've got 7,000 miles on it. I bought it to Drive It!

Let's Road Race! :banvictory:

I'm catching up to you. I have 6800 miles now.

Archived