TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Any Tickets Available For The Shelby Gala On April 18Th ?

SHELBYCS6

The Bash was great this year. Even without the track.

Only mishap was the fact that lunch during the poker run was printed in the original survival guide as being at 215 and N. 5th street.

The actual location and the one that was in printed instructions the morning of, which half of us missed, was Centennial Center Blvd. About 7 miles apart.

Worked out for all of us at the wrong location. Just met up with the rest on the road.

Must send kudos to Mike Mguirk ( sorry if I spelled wrong ), Jer and the entire staff at SA.

As for the 50th MCA event; started off lousy from the start picking up the registration packets, having to pick up goodie bags today as they were not ready on Wednesday afternoon, long lines and for me personally not living up to all of the hype that surrounded this event.

Did get to see the new 15. Very good looking car.

I must commend Harold for organizing the MORE parking. This has been the smoothest part of the event.

Just got back from the 50th at LVMS and I have to say that although it wasn't remotely what I thought it was going to be especially for this grandiose 50th marker but I didn't have any of the problems most had yesterday, got the shuttle at the hotel after a 10 minute wait with half a dozen others, got to the track in about 30 minutes, not one single person in line to get my day pass, walked right through with hardly another person in sight.

Missed the dozen or so booths the first time around as they had nothing marked what so ever but finally found it my second time around, watched some laps, had a bite to eat which was a cold burger and a drink for $12.00, bought a hat and a shirt for $45.00 which was par for this type of event , and spent a couple of hours walking around the grounds checking out the cars.

when I had my fill, walked back to the shuttle which was there is 15 minutes and right back to the hotel without any issue what so ever.

I must say however that I am very disappointed with the event from start to finish, etc. from the wasted time at the hotel the first night, to lack of communication and information provided to the knowledge of the support staff.

I have attended many, many car events over the years and this is probably in the bottom couple of percent for wow factor of any description, and I have honestly been to events held in much smaller venues with as many cars and had a way better time and it didn't cost me $2k to attend.

Shelby and Ford individually or jointly still win top honours when it comes to these types of events but I would have thought that MCA would have made this something worth talking about for years to come but I'm afraid that has been far from my experience.

Archived