TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Any Tickets Available For The Shelby Gala On April 18Th ?

SHELBYCS6

So I had originally planned to drive the Grabber blue beast to Charlotte with a group from Toronto this morning but changed my mind on Sunday and decided to fly to Vegas..... good call on my part as the temperature has dropped overnight to -7, freezing rain and snowing like crazy right now.

As I was totally unprepared for this switch I'm on a plan as you go itinerary to take in some MCA activities, take in the new Shelby facility as well as Vegas itself as it's my first trip.

I would really like to attend the Shelby Gala event on April 18th as part of my excursion.

Could anyone please advise if there are still tickets left for this event or can you purchase tickets at the door ?

I would appreciate any feedback a.s.a.p.

Thank you

Randy

Some where we read that there are some tickets at the door

Ask Jer on the shout box

Same question was asked yesterday in the shout box and no reply, I've also pm'd Jer and no reply yet.

Actually, yours is the only reply from anyone .. tks

Same question was asked yesterday in the shout box and no reply, I've also pm'd Jer and no reply yet.

Actually, yours is the only reply from anyone .. tks

I'm pretty sure you'll need to go thru MCA for those tickets. If I recall they are $75 each from MCA.

If I find out differently I'll post more info.

Steve

According to the MCA website tickets are no longer available online but MCA says they may have some available.

Let me look into this and I'll post what I can find out.

Steve

Thank you Steve, I appreciate the effort,

I fly in tomorrow afternoon and I'm staying at he Luxor so it's easy to get to the Mandalay Bay to pick them up if they have any when I register.

I confirmed with Gary Patterson that ticket inquiries must go thru MCA, we here at Shelby American are not involved with the ticket sales.

Best suggestion I have is to use this email I found on MCA's website, admin@mustang50thbirthdaycelebration.com

to inquire about ticket availability.

Steve

I confirmed with Gary Patterson that ticket inquiries must go thru MCA, we here at Shelby American are not involved with the ticket sales.

Best suggestion I have is to use this email I found on MCA's website, admin@mustang50thbirthdaycelebration.com

to inquire about ticket availability.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks again for the effort..

I just sent an e-mail inquiry and hope to have an answer from them in the near future,

regards

Randy

Hi Steve,

Thanks again for the effort..

I just sent an e-mail inquiry and hope to have an answer from them in the near future,

regards

Randy

Good luck hope to see you there

Glen

I made the trip down for the Mustang 50th and I was looking to go to this dinner too but getting tickets has turned into a royal pain in the a$$. Instead I'm gonna wind up watching playoff hockey at one of the local pubs and drinking allot of beer with a friend of mine who also made the trip down for the 50th.

Too bad, it might have been fun but cheep beer in a bar with payoff action is pretty good stuff too.

QSS

I made the trip down for the Mustang 50th and I was looking to go to this dinner too but getting tickets has turned into a royal pain in the a$$. Instead I'm gonna wind up watching playoff hockey at one of the local pubs and drinking allot of beer with a friend of mine who also made the trip down for the 50th.

Too bad, it might have been fun but cheep beer in a bar with payoff action is pretty good stuff too.

QSS

You may want to try contacting MCA at the host hotel, Mandlay Bay. According to the MCA website event registration takes place at the Mandalay Bay starting today, Wednesday 4/16, from noon to 6pm and on Thurs & Friday from 8am to 5pm.

They would be the ones with any available tickets.

Steve

QSS

I'm in the same boat...All dressed up with no place to go. Am in Vegas, feel like a red headed step-child. Where's the pub?

Phill

I'm in the same boat...All dressed up with no place to go. Am in Vegas, feel like a red headed step-child. Where's the pub?

Phill

Hey Phill,

got here yesterday, had a heck of a time even finding the MCA room, stood in line for 40 minutes only to be told they do not accept cash and I would have to try for a day pass at LVMS..

Then I ask about the Shelby Gala tickets (that Gary Patterson advised was strictly an MCA event) now apparently MCA advises is not, they had no tickets, had nothing to do with it and they only offered promotion for Shelby ?

So today I guess I take a shuttle to the new facility as LVMS will be a zoo I'm sure then try to get a day pass tomorrow...

From what I understand, there were only something like 1500 cars registered for this event and something like 4500 for Charlotte......if this is what's going on here, I'd hate to see what's going on there.

I'm staying at the Lexor, cell # 416-666-7223 if anyone wants to text me and we can meet at a pub for a few cold ones later.

Randy

Randy,

The FRIDAY NIGHT Gala is an MCA event, they are using our facility. Gary was correct.

Jer

Randy,

The FRIDAY NIGHT Gala is an MCA event, they are using our facility. Gary was correct.

Jer

But does anyone know if it's actually sold out or not???

Will (try to) visit LVMS today to see if it's a CF or not...

Phill

The whole MCA event has been a royal pain in the arse. We are gonna drive to the Hoover dam, relax, and head home sat. Might head to the more parking, but no real ambition to do so. Had many good times at the bash, even though my wife and I were both sick. Best of luck getting tickets!

Btw, I registered about 2 hrs ago and there were supposedly tickets available, but good luck finding where to get them!! Lol

The whole MCA event has been a royal pain in the arse. We are gonna drive to the Hoover dam, relax, and head home sat. Might head to the more parking, but no real ambition to do so. Had many good times at the bash, even though my wife and I were both sick. Best of luck getting tickets!

Btw, I registered about 2 hrs ago and there were supposedly tickets available, but good luck finding where to get them!! Lol

I feel your pain.....I have developed a heck of an eye issue on the flight down which looks like a double stye that hurts like hell...but I will battle through...went to the new facility today which was awesome and now for a burger and a few beers somewhere !

But does anyone know if it's actually sold out or not???

Will (try to) visit LVMS today to see if it's a CF or not...

Phill

No idea. I've asked without reply.

Jer

Randy,

Jer

Hey Jer, I'm not doubting the fact that Gary was correct, I'm just stating what the MCA staff told me and not once but several times and it is very frustrating to make the effort to get here expecting a world class event only to find out most people you talk to don't know what the hell is going on.

There are people here from all over the world for this event and even at the Shelby tour today I heard several people asking the same type of questions that I have been asking and seems nobody is getting the right answers.

Hey Jer, I'm not doubting the fact that Gary was correct, I'm just stating what the MCA staff told me and not once but several times and it is very frustrating to make the effort to get here expecting a world class event only to find out most people you talk to don't know what the hell is going on.

There are people here from all over the world for this event and even at the Shelby tour today I heard several people asking the same type of questions that I have been asking and seems nobody is getting the right answers.

Well, hopefully, everyone at Shelby said the same thing, and recommended contacting the MCA?

BTW, I just stated it here to confirm for the lurkers, so there would be no further doubt.

Jer

Well, hopefully, everyone at Shelby said the same thing, and recommended contacting the MCA?

BTW, I just stated it here to confirm for the lurkers, so there would be no further doubt.

Jer

Yes they did, every inquiry I overheard about the event from phone calls or in person while I was selecting or buying items they were all told the same thing go to LVMS and find out there.

I didn't even bother to get tickets to any of the evening events. Registration pickup was a madhouse. Got to Mandalay at about 3:30 and didn't get my packet until 6. Lineup down the hallway and then wrapped around the ballroom several times. Totally unorganized MCA. But at least I got to chat with some great Team Shelby folks at the track today. That makes the whole hassle worth it!

Maybe not being able to go this year wasn't so bad after all. I am been really bummed that I had to miss the Bash this year and especially the 50th event. I know this Bash went really well this year and was super fun like every other year but the MCA 50th Event seems a little bit unorganized and chaotic.

Although today the people in Charlotte seem to have had a killer day at the track. I get to live through everybody's posts on Facebook.

Maybe not being able to go this year wasn't so bad after all. I am been really bummed that I had to miss the Bash this year and especially the 50th event. I know this Bash went really well this year and was super fun like every other year but the MCA 50th Event seems a little bit unorganized and chaotic.

Although today the people in Charlotte seem to have had a killer day at the track. I get to live through everybody's posts on Facebook.

I was going to originally do the Charlotte drive but weather, 4500 registered vehicles ??? anyone that got track time were very lucky...I still miss not having a car here but it will be very interesting to see how Charlotte worked out with all those vehicles as opposed to the 1500 here...

I will hand it to the guys in PA that put on the 50th in 2012.... it ran seamless and I would guess there had to be 2000 + vehicles.

Archived