TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Help.... Can You Tell Me What These Are Or Were For?

pgodden

I just installed my Roush side splitter on my 2014. I couldn't get them to fit right because of a plastic piece in the rear wheel wells, which I removed. They look like window dressing but although it too late now I have worked myself into a worry mode... Does anyone know what these things are for?

cd960e99f404d6a6b95714bbe859ec68_zps15f1

Not sure but I suspect they stop more rocks from going into the rockers. That being said I installed my Roush Splitters yesterday on my 14 Shelby and being mechanically inept it took 2 hrs and I ran into the same issue you did with those deals but I used hacksaw and trimmed the Roush splitter by about 3/8" in, and 2 1/2" long on the back ends thus keeping those deals on. I had a heck of a time peeling the clear side of the sticky tape and then one of the new push pins broke and I tried everything to pull it out of the hole (vice grips, needle nose, etc) but couldn't so I eventually had to push it in. I'd also say in hindsight that double sided could have been 1" wide instead of about 1/2 as I doubt that stuffs going to actually help much. Net the splitters look fine but I'm on the fence as to whether they they'll last.

I just installed my Roush side splitter on my 2014. I couldn't get them to fit right because of a plastic piece in the rear wheel wells, which I removed. They look like window dressing but although it too late now I have worked myself into a worry mode... Does anyone know what these things are for?

a44838a4278f85e9921ace4a9f72c4e8_zpsc0c2

The image is missing on my system but if they're what I think they are, they're air diverters. Are they just ahead of the rear whees, under the car sticking down about 3" x 4" or 5" long? Black plastic? At a angle to the wheels?

If so, they started putting them on GT500's in 2011.

Phill

The image is missing on my system but if they're what I think they are, they're air diverters. Are they just ahead of the rear whees, under the car sticking down about 3" x 4" or 5" long? Black plastic? At a angle to the wheels?

If so, they started putting them on GT500's in 2011.

Phill

what would their function be?

Archived