TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rwhp For Stock 750 Super Snakes

Sorry if this already been addressed, I looked and couldn't find answers I was looking for.

I have the 750 hp whipple upgrade to my non super snake gt500 and was trying to find out what numbers you guys have been getting on the dyno.

If some of super snake guys have dyno'd your stock 750hp, can you post your HP and TQ numbers?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I'm making around 700rwhp with about 800 hp at the crank.....dynos are not perfectly repeatable from unit to unit, with varying conditions. But you can figure about a 12% loss from crank hp with these things on average. As a starter, most of the 500hp shelbys dyno'd about 440 hp at the rear. Your % loss probably drops a bit as you increase crank hp since some of the losses will not go up proportionally. If a car is supposedly making 750 crank hp, I would presume it to have about 650-660 rwhp under good conditions. Different styles of dynos also yield different results (ie mustang versus dynojet)

....and for what its worth.....take the advertised hp from all of these kits with a lot of skepticism..........there are an awful lot of if, ands, or buts included with those ratings. The power is what it is......if you feel it is not high enough, then dig into what you can do to increase it....consider restrictions in intake or exhaust, and how the tune is set up (eg which octane rating did you use). Many sets include the ability to use multiple octanes, and the rated hp is based on the highest octane. Plus which throttle body you use makes a huge difference. Are you using high flo cats, or no cats.........you see where I am going with this? No one can really guarantee a certain hp from from a car unless they can control all factors, including how it is dyno'd.

I hear people say it 10-15% less than crank, so figure 650rwhp and probably 625 tq bc it's a whipple and that's the least you're running

^^^^This sounds about right.

When the 725's first came out with the 2.8 KB, multiple owners brought their Super Snakes to the dyno for test results, they all rear wheel hp'ed in the 632-638 range with the original cast iron exhaust manifolds and full oem exhaust forward of the Borla catback system that was added at Shelby as part of the upgrade.

R

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Time ago following results for my 08GT500SS with 2.8H Kenne Bell:

735,4 DIN PS - 540,89 kW - 725,34 HP - crank - max. @6303 rpm

622,1 DIN PS - 457,55 kW - 613,59 HP - rw

890,1 DIN Nm - max. @4474 RPM

On SuperFlow WinDyn V3.1

Juergen

Archived