TEAM SHELBY FORUM

No Secured Parking @ Southpoint Hotel

The Bash is independent of the hotel. The MCA Mustang 50th is not affiliated with the hotel either. Hotel management told us security will not be provided like last year. Gary Patterson recommend everyone parking together.

I'll call the hotel and see what they would charge to provide security like last year.

In the times we've been there "security" looked to be the one guy at the entrance to the floor that would let us in. I don't think I ever saw anyone walking the floor nor did I ever see a need to have anyone walk the floor. In both cases I stayed additional days with no security and never had or saw any issues. In a city full of luxury and high performance cars and given the hotel is away from the craziness of the strip I'm honestly not too concerned but do as you think best for you!

Since there are no "events" at hotels, they are not treating us as "EXTRA Special Guests". But EVERY hotel in Vegas, as a general rule, guards guests' cars pretty well.

Jer

In the times we've been there "security" looked to be the one guy at the entrance to the floor that would let us in. I don't think I ever saw anyone walking the floor nor did I ever see a need to have anyone walk the floor. In both cases I stayed additional days with no security and never had or saw any issues. In a city full of luxury and high performance cars and given the hotel is away from the craziness of the strip I'm honestly not too concerned but do as you think best for you!

true, but the key is having the area blocked off so no hotel guests park their ratty pickup trucks in between the Shelbys.

the security guard sitting there was never any other than a weak fasade of protection....

its the closed area that is key.

same crap happened at the Alliante....first couple of years, everything was blocked off and secure...

the last year we were there......nothing was blocked and asshats squeezed in between the Shelbys to be closer to the door or elevator........

significantly increasing the risk of door dings, etc......

not good.

Since there are no "events" at hotels, they are not treating us as "EXTRA Special Guests". But EVERY hotel in Vegas, as a general rule, guards guests' cars pretty well.

Jer

I would suggest finding a corner of the last covered floor of the parking garage and collecting there. All the garages have cameras full time.

If you're really concerned I'd suggest using the Valet service. Vegas hotels see lots of exotics. You might even be able to work a package deal with them if you can get enough cars to participate. I parked my Shelby GT in the Valet lot at the Barrett Jackson auction at the Mandalay Bay and they even let me park it myself but when it came time to get it it was a different crew and they got it for me. The Valets see enough exotics that I don't think you need to be concerned. You can most likely valet park cheaper than you can get a rent-a-cop.

Another idea is to ask for access to the "high roller" area. There are usually not many cars in those gated areas, and when there are, they're also nice cars so less worries about someone getting too close.

I stayed at South Point last month for a wedding, never once did I see security in the exterior lot or parking structure.

That's how you know they're good at their job.

Jer

2014 Team Shelby Vegas Bash!

The dates will be Monday, April 14 - Wed, April 16, to dovetail nicely with the MCA's 50th Anniversary of Mustang Celebration: http://www.mustang50...egas/index.html

Since the MCA's event contains a lot of track time, the Shelby Bash will not. We are focusing on cool cruises and perhaps a tour of one or more private auto collections here in our area. Of course, it will be many people's first chance to tour our new facility, including Production, the new Shelby Heritage Center, and our new Retail Store. I guarantee, you will notice the upgrade from our old facility!

The host hotel is South Point: http://www.southpoin...php?cid=psmicro

We are researching any possible Room Rate deals, but in case you don't want to wait!

Team Shelby's Regional Directors were all consulted, and this property was chosen in large part because they offer private parking areas with security for Team Shelby members' cars, and a spacious area to accommodate trailer rigs, etc.

Note: Shelby American's new facility has NO space for storing trailers or customer cars at any point during this event.

Keep in mind, we are now in the heart of Vegas, so everything is close by. If you have already booked Mandalay Bay, Luxor, MGM, etc... you are less than 5 minutes from us, and maybe 8 minutes from South Point. So the "host hotel" is a good rate, but no events will be held there, so booking there is not crucial.

The Shelby Run from Palm Springs to Las Vegas will be on Monday, and is being coordinated once again by Team Shelby Regional Director Michael McGuirk. See his post below for info, including details on the April 13th event that precedes it.

Survival Guide will be available ASAP, and ticket sales will open soon.

Both of these can only happen after we finalize the events and schedule. Team Shelby was brought back in-house on December 1st, during our move, and we have been giving it all the attention possible to ensure a great Bash, and to price the event as attractively as possible for our Members.

I will update this post as I get more info or answer questions, so no one has to scroll through multiple pages. Check this post first for updates.

Thanks, and GET EXCITED!

Jer

I just talked to the folks at the Mandalay Bay yesterday about parking too. Nothing special for parking, they suggested the complimentary valet parking. They also told me that all the hotels provide complimentary valet parking. I would think you might get better treatment if you give them a decent tip though. I must admit I hesitate to hand over the keys to my car, I can count the number of people that have driven it on one hand.

$20 goes a long way with the valet attendants here.

Just plan on having a lot of $20 with you if you are going to use the valet and expect preferred treatment.

Especially at Mandalay Bay.

$20 goes a long way with the valet attendants here.

Just plan on having a lot of $20 with you if you are going to use the valet and expect preferred treatment.

Especially at Mandalay Bay.

No doubt.

I would have rather contributed to a group fund to pay for the extra security. Especially since if I come and go from the hotel and it costs me $20 each time, that's gonna get expensive really quick.

I'll look into this, folks.

Obviously my earlier quote was based on the info we were given, so I will investigate that with the hotel tomorrow.

Jer

You would be talking just Monday and Tuesday night correct? The 50th celebration starts on Wednesday. I think most Bash attendees are moving to other downtown hotels after Tuesday night correct? I know at least many are.

Glad to see interest and concern with this topic.

Jer, you take command and control with contacting the hotel rather than having a bunch of us calling and getting mixed stories. Plus you have clout being an official employee from Shelby.

A private section of parking would be better than parking with the general populous.

Thanks!

I had lunch today with one of our group heading out from Phoenix to PS on Sunday,and he has attended every bash bar one,

He says that South Point has the covered parking for our cars and doesn't think that there would be any real issues that everyone seems to have,I tend to agree.

We all love our cars and none of us want anything to happen to them,but being paranoid about this just creates more paranoia.

You have much more chance of driving out of the parking lot and being hit by someone texting on their phone than have somebody tamper with the cars!

Archived