TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Soon To Be Part Of Gt/sc Club

randy5128

Just sent my deposit in for my conversion of my 2007 SGT. I am going to use Sean Hyland to do the conversion as he is closest to my home in Michigan.

Kenne Bell Polished

Upgrade Brakes

Gauge Pod

Deep Draw Hood

Now is the waiting game......

• 1 month later...

Just sent my deposit in for my conversion of my 2007 SGT. I am going to use Sean Hyland to do the conversion as he is closest to my home in Michigan.

Kenne Bell Polished

Upgrade Brakes

Gauge Pod

Deep Draw Hood

Now is the waiting game......

Well my Shelby GT is now a GT/SC! No deep draw hood, yet! Tried to pick the car up from Sean Hyland but they were having issues with the car making power. Fuel pressure issues! Anyone have their fuel pressure jump all over the place under boost?

Where should I be at with 8 lbs of boost and an automatic?

post-42103-0-16714200-1401668138_thumb.jpg

I went with the Whipple I get about 10.5 pounds of boost and the fuel pressure is around 75.

I have no idea what you should get with Kenne Bell. I always liked the Whipple because they had a good relationship with Ford Racing Parts and I think they look pretty cool.

Just curious to why you had chosen the Kenne Bell?

I went with the Whipple I get about 10.5 pounds of boost and the fuel pressure is around 75.

I have no idea what you should get with Kenne Bell. I always liked the Whipple because they had a good relationship with Ford Racing Parts and I think they look pretty cool.

Just curious to why you had chosen the Kenne Bell?

I spoke to many different people and everyone has comments on either the whipple or the Kenne Bell supercharger. I decided on the Kenne Bell unit because the polished unit is no longer available from Ford Racing and either unit makes more power than you will ever need.

I hope that my fuel issues are nothing to major.

Congrats! My 08SGT Is at SAI in Vegas and I got the call about FRPP not distributing the polished Whipple 550 for the 4.6. anymore. I decided to stick with the polished Whipple so it will come directly from Whipple instead of through FRPP.

Congrats! My 08SGT Is at SAI in Vegas and I got the call about FRPP not distributing the polished Whipple 550 for the 4.6. anymore. I decided to stick with the polished Whipple so it will come directly from Whipple instead of through FRPP.

Same to you!

I had Sean Hyland do my conversion! Could not see spending 3500.00 for shipping costs. That's like 3/4 of X46 short block!

I didn't know that Ford Racing was no longer providing the Polished Whipple. Now I'm glad I got the polished one. It cost more but sure does look nice

I don't know about the comment that they will provide more power than you will ever need I wish it had supersnake power. I thought it was crazy fast at first but after a couple years you get use it.

You will Love it and its a huge night and day difference from a N/A SGT

• 2 weeks later...

Same to you!

I had Sean Hyland do my conversion! Could not see spending 3500.00 for shipping costs. That's like 3/4 of X46 short block!

Yes.

And a nice block it is!

Congrats and welcome to the club

I tried to get Sean Hyland to do my conversion with no success here is the reply I got from them....

Subject: RE: Shelby GT/SC
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 16:10:10 -0400

Bruno, I have to apologize, but after asking Sean, the ability of a Mod Shop like us to perform the conversion from Shelby GT to Shelby GT/SC is pretty small. It is only after I received all of the pricing info that we found this out. We would have to charge way too much on top of the price that Shelby, Las Vegas does, that I will simply have to refer you to them. It will be cheaper in the long run.

The person that you need to talk to is Jeremy Roberts in sales - jeremyr@shelbyamerican.com . I will send an email to him, to introduce you.

Thanks again,

Peter Mills

I tried to get Sean Hyland to do my conversion with no success here is the reply I got from them....

Subject: RE: Shelby GT/SC

Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 16:10:10 -0400

Bruno, I have to apologize, but after asking Sean, the ability of a Mod Shop like us to perform the conversion from Shelby GT to Shelby GT/SC is pretty small. It is only after I received all of the pricing info that we found this out. We would have to charge way too much on top of the price that Shelby, Las Vegas does, that I will simply have to refer you to them. It will be cheaper in the long run.

The person that you need to talk to is Jeremy Roberts in sales - jeremyr@shelbyamerican.com . I will send an email to him, to introduce you.

Thanks again,

Peter Mills

Wow... Sean and team have been great with my conversion and the fuel issues. He added Ford Racing GT500 pumps and kb boost a pump for duel pumps. He was willing to eat the cost.

Wow... Sean and team have been great with my conversion and the fuel issues. He added Ford Racing GT500 pumps and kb boost a pump for duel pumps. He was willing to eat the cost.

Are you getting GTSC package which is put in the Shelby registry or is Hyland doing an up grade of their own to your specs. Maybe I should try him again,

Are you getting GTSC package which is put in the Shelby registry or is Hyland doing an up grade of their own to your specs. Maybe I should try him again,

GT/SC with brakes and gauges. the car has the GT/SC on the side and factory supercharged under the hood.

I just want to tell everyone that Sean Hyland and team did fantastic job on the conversion. Sean sent way beyond to make the car right. The almost final dyno numbers are 456 whp and 396 lb. Torque. I say almost final because these numbers are from the 5th pull due to a computer issue. Not bad numbers for an automatic

Can't wait till the weekend.

I just want to tell everyone that Sean Hyland and team did fantastic job on the conversion. Sean sent way beyond to make the car right. The almost final dyno numbers are 456 whp and 396 lb. Torque. I say almost final because these numbers are from the 5th pull due to a computer issue. Not bad numbers for an automatic

Can't wait till the weekend.

Very good numbers for an Automatic!!!

Congrats!!

Wow, I really need to do something under the hood now! Really happy with the power and I can scare the wife at every stop light now.

Next on the list is a new converter, and having a set of stock 18" rims widened to 10" for the rear.

post-42103-0-81239600-1403470728_thumb.jpg

Archived