TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Good Deal On A New 14 In Northwest Ohio

My buddy works at a local dealership here (Toledo, OH) and I stopped out the other day to see him. They have a Ruby Red stripe delete 2014 sitting in their showroom they're looking to move asap. It has every option EXCEPT the glass roof. MSRP is 67k and they said they would take 1000 over invoice. Invoice is 59k if I recall. Pretty killer deal. I'd buy it myself if I wouldn't get shot by my ol lady.

0.jpg

They will "let it go" for 60? Lets not lose sight of the fact that 60 grand is a ton of cash for a Mustang or any car for that matter. If 60 grand for that car was such a bargain then it would not still be looking for a home would it. It is dump out time. These dealers don't want to be stuck holding the bag on yesterdays news as the redesigned 2015 takes center stage and interest in the previous generation fades rapidly.

They haven't advertised the car for 60 anywhere, that's what I was doing lol. And I doubt these 660+ hp machines will "fade rapidly" regardless of what 2015 brings. These cars are the new "Terminator" and it's been 10 years and people are still hyped about those silly old junkers.

Terminators are hardly "junk". I've had an '08 GT500 and an "03 Terminator. Much preferred the Terminator.

I would chose a Terminator too over an 08 GT500....but as soon as I bought my 2014 my mint 17k mile Terminator just sat. Never had any interest in driving it anymore. Ended up selling it a few months later. And the point was that these 13/14s arent going to be "yesterdays news" when the 2015s come out since it's been 10 years and people still crave 03/04s.

They will "let it go" for 60? Lets not lose sight of the fact that 60 grand is a ton of cash for a Mustang or any car for that matter. If 60 grand for that car was such a bargain then it would not still be looking for a home would it. It is dump out time. These dealers don't want to be stuck holding the bag on yesterdays news as the redesigned 2015 takes center stage and interest in the previous generation fades rapidly.

MSRP is $ 66,790.......................60K is a great price for " that " car !!

........................Interest in a 662 hp GT500 will fade as soon as a 663 hp replacement shows up.

The '15 will be a Mustang just as the '13/'14s are.

Never stated it wasn't a Mustang or that there won't be higher horsepower, achieved through greater technology, cars replacing the S197. Just referring to IRS, trend towards smaller displacement motors, Eco-boost (turbo's), sleeker styling cues, and the targeted market Ford is going after. "Let the discussion begin".

I guess I don't know the strict definition of muscle car, sports car, etc. The Terminators had an IRS and four passenger capability. Are Terminators "sports cars"? I have never seen a 4 passenger vehicle considered a sports car other than right here.

They're hardly four passenger vehicles.

When the 2011-2012 came out the 2010 and below were out of date or at least the 11-12 owners thought so. Now with 13-14 anyone below that is out of date or at least most out that that own one think so. As I recall and do have one, it's quite easy to make a 10-12 with a 5.4 an 800hp car for way less and I mean $10K less than a 13-14 cost. It all comes down to what you want, need and will pay for it. I personally don't want or need all the electronic gizmo's meaning shocks, launch control, 0-60 times or manual Recaro seats etc and I have a loaded 2010 for right at $50K out the door of that in my Vette and never used it and now no Vette. I also never liked the 11-14 wheels that are too busy. I have what I personally always wanted was GT500 and to be honest, even with my 750hp 2010 that body style had to grow on me a bit. I always and still do think the 09 GT500 SS is a very good looking Shelby, maybe the best and even the current SS is nice but not fo no $105K unless I had millions in my vault to waste which most of us do not. I also got rid of my 08 Shelby GT (550hp) for a 02 Viper GTS with 4K miles on it I just could no pass up, so now I have exactly what I want in my stable and both have a touch of Carroll Shelby design in them. My 2010 loaded out the door was $49,847 and that was more than I really wanted to pay, so again it comes down to what do you want to pay for any given car.

Archived