TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Fifth Annual “Snakes At The Lake” Tahoe Cruise – Saturday June 21, 2014

SVT NAJA

Sean,

Received your registration for SATL - 2014 today. Welcome aboard.

Great to have another BMO member with us for the cruise to Lake Tahoe!

See you in Old Town Sac on June 21st.

Jim

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Earlier today I received notice from the NTPUD (the local utility district that has managed the Kings Beach facility for years and made it available for our use recently) that the State of California Parks Department has re-assumed control of the property. The State has canceled my reservation of the Boat Launch area as they will be using part of it to store construction equipment and materials being used for the local Hwy 28 road improvements. That’s the bad news....

Fortunately, the NTPUD can provide other parking facilities nearby for our event and that’s the good news! We can occupy a parking lot across the highway from the lake, but it doesn’t have rest rooms and I’m concerned about all of the trees located there and the potential for pine cone(s) falling on a car or two. The other option is a nearby recreational complex up the street with views of the lake, rest room facilities, a parking area free of pine cones but with shade available on the perimeter. I think this 2nd option is the way to go! Let me know what you think.

The event is really about spending time with our fellow “Powered by Ford” enthusiasts and enjoying our cars, the cruise from Old Town Sacramento to Tahoe and around the lake and having a tasty BBQ meal. However, if you were set on parking beachside and these alternatives are not acceptable to you, please let me know and I can refund your reservation.

Jim

Hey Jim, I just paid for April's parents (and probably sister too) in the red car. I think option 2 sounds best also. Some shade without the tree droppings and access to rest rooms sounds perfect!

Will be going as well

Its a done deal, donated and signed up.

Signed up for two, the rest is a donation.

Any one gonna spend the night?

Without seeing it I say option 2..is it visible on google maps?

Bruce,

The parking area across from the lake is so new the improvements don't show up on Google. Here is the NTPUD recreation complex: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=tahoe+vista&ll=39.249128,-120.053144&spn=0.004629,0.006545&client=safari&hnear=Tahoe+Vista,+Placer+County,+California&t=h&z=18

I plan on visiting both locations this weekend so a final decision can be made. Stay tuned...

Hey Jim, I just paid for April's parents (and probably sister too) in the red car. I think option 2 sounds best also. Some shade without the tree droppings and access to rest rooms sounds perfect!

Les,

I posted the Red Rocket +2 on our roster. Looking forward to meeting April's parents and her sis. See you all in OTS on June 21st.

Jim

Yeah I'm going to sign up ...sounds like fun .

Kenji,

Received your reservation for Snakes at the Lake - 2014. I'll get you posted up and we look forward to meeting you in OTS on June 21st.

Jim

Will be going as well

Jim,

You and Shirley were there for the 1st Snakes at the Lake! It will be great to have you with us again for the 5th Annual SATL. I'll get you 2 posted up and we'll see you in Old Town Sac next month.

Jim

Told a few people about the event--do they need to be TS members to do it??

Bruce,

All "Powered by Ford" enthusiasts are welcome to attend SATL - 2014 with their favorite Blue Oval performance vehicle. TS membership is not necessary.

Jim

Option # 2 Works Jim :cool: Thanks for the info see ya June 21st :camera::shift::cool:

Mike & Sharmy

Mike,

As noted above, I hope to eyeball the 2 options this weekend before making a final decision. More to follow next week.

Jim

Jim,

You and Shirley were there for the 1st Snakes at the Lake! It will be great to have you with us again for the 5th Annual SATL. I'll get you 2 posted up and we'll see you in Old Town Sac next month.

Jim

It has been a while- too long - looking to seeing everyone and meeting new folks.

Does anyone know how many are signed up to go to SNakes on the lake ? I heard there's a list ?

Page 1 post 2

you be #33

I hate to say it but we will be the bad ones as far as gas stops--in the Tiger I can go around 120+ miles before I like to get fuel--those 2 little 6 gallon tanks don't go far with a 289 hipo. haha

Don't worry your not alone, I'm right there with you at about 130 mile per tank if I drive nice.

Hey Jim-

We are in, and can't wait!

Paid today, and trying to get a friend in too!

Kinda new, but did the Bash, 50th, and Tribute.

Can't wait!

Dave

DG Shelby

Dave,

We're looking forward to having you 2 on the cruise with us this year!

I'll update the roster on page 1 and we'll see you on the 21st in Old Town Sac.

Jim

Charles,

We received your reservation for SATL - 2014 today. Looking forward to having you and Camille with us again. I'll update the roster on page 1. See you two in Old Town Sac on June 21st.

Jim

Archived