TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Fifth Annual “Snakes At The Lake” Tahoe Cruise – Saturday June 21, 2014

SVT NAJA

img_3169_zps719e08fd.jpg

With summer only a few short months away, it’s time to post-up notice of “Snakes at the Lake” – 2014, which is scheduled for Saturday, June 21st. As in years past, our current plan has us departing Old Town Sacramento and cruising up Highway 50 through the Sierras as we make our way to the lake. We’ll stop briefly for fuel and a rest break at the Chevron station in Meyers and stage at the golf course parking lot across the way where members from Nevada will meet us. Then we’ll head up scenic Highway 89 on the west side of the lake past Emerald Bay, the Rubicon and Sunnyside areas towards Tahoe Vista on the north shore, where we’re making arrangements again for a relaxing day enjoying a BBQ and Car Show.

For a glimpse of what to expect, here are Jason’s pictures from last year http://photos.nowplaying.tv/Lifein2013/2013-Snakes-at-the-Lake/i-nsF3dbr and gt350lp’s PhotoShow from 2012: http://www.photoshow.com/watch/Me2Yx7Rw

RSVP’s and pre-payment are required for this event so we can anticipate parking layout and determine how many meals will be needed. Please use the gofundme link below to facilitate this transaction. When your payment is confirmed, this will be noted on the roster below. After accounting for expenses, any funds left over will be donated to the Carroll Shelby Foundation: http://www.cscf.org/

Cost for attending the event is:

$35 per driver/vehicle, which includes facility rental, BBQ lunch and cold refreshments, and a Park District vehicle entrance fee.

$10 for each additional guest to cover BBQ lunch and cold refreshments.

Payment Link: http://www.gofundme.com/7yrfu8 - Reservations are requested by Sunday June 8th, but no later than Sunday June 15th. Thanks!

So mark your calendars and post-up if you’re interested in joining us for a great day on the road and at the lake with other “Powered by Ford” enthusiasts. Please note the year and model of your vehicle when replying so trophy categories can be determined in advance based upon expected attendance. Also, I’m considering T-shirts this year imprinted with a TS-PCR SATL graphic for $20 or less each. Let me know if you would be interested, including size and quantity.

Note: For ease of editing, I’ll maintain the list of Snakes attendees in Post #2 immediately below.

Here’s the address where we’ll be meeting in Old Town Sac. Front and 101 K Streets, Sacramento, CA 95814
 Let’s plan on arriving around 8:00am and we’ll head out about 8:30am. Note: We’ll be at Steamers on the corner to process your registrations (and get a morning caffeine fix).

Here is a Google satellite street view image of this location: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=101+K+Street,+Sacramento,+CA+95814&ll=38.582367,-121.505941&spn=0.001613,0.00169&client=safari&oe=UTF-8&hnear=101+K+St,+Sacramento,+California+95814&gl=us&t=h&deg=90&z=20&vpsrc=6

Here is a Google map of the route we’ll be taking (for an interesting view, click the 3D button mid-page on the left): https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=1051+Front+St,+Sacramento,+CA+95814&daddr=Meyers,+CA+to:Tahoe+City,+CA+to:Tahoe+Vista,+CA&hl=en&ll=38.895308,-120.754852&spn=1.002553,2.113495&sll=38.901001,-120.710868&sspn=1.002478,2.113495&geocode=FT65TAId6PfB-CmL1hbizNaagDGrNMWzB7hmSA%3BFa_lUAIdAL_Y-CkRabQM0Y2ZgDEpCk9r0KBqmg%3BFX64VQIdd9PW-Ckhpx_PLtabgDHRnmyBMLKYKg%3BFePAVgIdryrY-Cn_-GBxXWOZgDHk_kwCtox0IQ&oq=Tahoe+&t=h&gl=us&mra=ls&z=10

Here is a link that may be helpful if you are looking to book a room in Tahoe Saturday night: http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/65474-tahoe-cruise-friday-sat-night-accommodations/

And a couple of “Snakes at the Lake” cruise videos:

f2redpot’s from 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rAOB_evVz4

and fabman’s from 2012

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

List of paid attendees to “Snakes at the Lake” - 2014:

1. SVT NAJA - Concord
  2. shelbyguy470 - Tahoe City (our local host)
  3. itowem +1 - Oakley / Paid
  4. SR SNAKE +3 - Amador County / Paid
  5. GSHELBYT +1 - S.F. North Bay / Paid + $30 Donation
  6. 07SGT4843 +3 - San Martin / Paid
  7. HRG +1 - Menlo Park / Paid + $30 Donation
  8. Rob & Cindi Paszek - Sparks, NV / Paid + $55 Donation
  9. Fat Boss +1 - Morgan Hill / Paid
  10. timber2417 +1 - Lincoln / Paid
  11. Nitro +1 - Auburn / Paid
  12. Ron Delgado +1 - Sparks, NV / Paid + $55 Donation
  13. Little Shelby +1 - Sonoma County / Paid
  14. Bossy13 +1 - San Jose / Paid
  15. 08GT5004ME +1 - Sacto County / Paid
  16. Fiddler49 +1 - CoCoCounty / Paid + $15 Donation
  17. F044422A +1 - Antelope / Paid
  18. cobrakidz +1 - Folsom / Paid
  19. HICobra +1 - Hawaii / Paid + $15 Donation
  20. Raul & Betty - Reno, NV / Paid
  21. Ed R. - Minden, NV / Paid
  22. Joe & Fran - Reno, NV / Paid
  23. Bookwyrm +1 - East Bay / Paid
  24. 13VENUM +1 - Livermore / Paid + $5 Donation
  25. mherman2 +1 - Incline, NV / Paid
  26. Surfergeek +1 - Gilroy / Paid + $5 Donation
  27. Macareno +1 - South Bay / Paid
  28. rsgt500 - Carson City, NV / Paid + $10 Donation
  29. ufnavy06 - Monterey Bay / Paid + $5 Donation
  30. Shirley & Dave - Reno, NV / Paid
  31. Red Rocket +2 - East Bay / Paid
  32. JimC +1 - Oakdale / Paid + $10 Donation
  33. K Beast Shelby gt +1 - Long Beach / Paid
  34. DG Shelby +1 - Ventura County / Paid + $25 Donation
  35. cmos101 +1 - South Bay / Paid + $15 Donation
  36. ShelbyTom +2 - South Bay / Paid + $15 Donation
  37. john shields +1 - Reno, NV / Paid
  38. caliboy08 +1 - Sacramento / Paid
  39. jp1gt +1 - Georgetown / Paid
  40. Badboss +1 - Reno, NV / Paid
  41. me32 - North Bay / Paid
  42. Lars +1 - San Mateo County / Paid
  43. Andy K +1 - Reno, NV / Paid
  44. Explode36 +1 - Reno, NV / Paid
  45. Brian Daniel +1 - Reno, NV / Paid
  46. SVTCguy +3 - East Bay / Paid
  47. badwolf +2 - South Bay / Paid
  48. Boris Bogdanich +1 - NorCal / Paid
  49. Bob H +1 - Tahoe City / Paid
  50. JenzBad500 +3 - Sacto County / Paid
  51. YCoyote - Sunnyvale / Paid + $25 Donation
  52. Roger and Laura - S.F. Peninsula / Paid
  53. 2013boss302 +1 - Concord / Paid
  54. 662PONY +1 - Concord / Paid
  55. Cobra Dave +1 - S. Lake Tahoe / Paid
  56. 50 Deep +1 - NorCal / Paid
  57. Larry Roten +1 - Carson City, NV / Paid
  58. SoWeTt03 +2 - Sacramento / Paid
  59. GTS/CS +1 - Alturas / Paid

IMG_3156_zps537e16bf.jpg

Hi Jim, thanks again for this Awesome Event !!! :worship: :worship: :worship:

Sharmy & I will be going ! Guess will be meeting you and others in Concord Early in the AM

for a group run to Old Town Sac !!! Whoop Whoop :shift: :shift: :shift::drool: :drool: :victory: :victory: ;):cool::)

Mike :drool:

Helen and I are still in SoCal, but for a change BOTH of us have a free calendar!!!!! We will be there---Thanks for keeping the ride going Jim and Russ, we really appreciate it.-----Jack Podsedly

I'll be in Alaska so I will miss this year. If you have not done this event and are on the fence, I highly encourage you to make the time to attend. Great drive, great people and the venue for the show is world class.

Hi Jim, thanks again for this Awesome Event !!! :worship: :worship: :worship:

Sharmy & I will be going ! Guess will be meeting you and others in Concord Early in the AM

for a group run to Old Town Sac !!! Whoop Whoop :shift: :shift: :shift::drool: :drool: :victory: :victory: ;):cool::)

Mike :drool:

Mike,

Looking forward to having you and Sharmy on the SATL run this year. Sun Valley departure again most likely. :shift:

Jim

Hi Jim,

I am looking to another great event that you continually provide.

Thank you,

Gary

Gary,

Can't wait to see you and Leslye in Old Town Sac. This makes 5 years having you 2 and the Super Snake with us for SATL...

Jim

TeamShelbyLakeTahoeCruise62610033.jpg

Helen and I are still in SoCal, but for a change BOTH of us have a free calendar!!!!! We will be there---Thanks for keeping the ride going Jim and Russ, we really appreciate it.-----Jack Podsedly

Jack,

That's great news that you and Helen will be back in Norcal by then. See you in Placerville!

Jim

KingsBeachCruise062.jpg

I'll be in Alaska so I will miss this year. If you have not done this event and are on the fence, I highly encourage you to make the time to attend. Great drive, great people and the venue for the show is world class.

Harald,

We'll certainly miss having you, Glenda and your awesome Hertz with us in Kings Beach this year, but Alaska is not to be missed. Whereabouts are you heading?

Jim

Renee and Mike will be there. It was great fun last year. Thanks for setting it up again this year.

Mike,

Looking forward to having you and Renee with us for SATL again. See you in Cordelia on the 21st.

Jim

Harald,

We'll certainly miss having you, Glenda and your awesome Hertz with us in Kings Beach this year, but Alaska is not to be missed. Whereabouts are you heading?

Jim

Leaving San Francisco to Juneau, Ketchikan, Skagway, Glacier Bay, Victoria BC

Went to the site and signed up for this year. Looking forward to the ride thru the pines again. Had a great time last year and looking forward to this years event. Thanks for keeping this going Jim, we all appreciate it.

Can't wait for this run. Enjoyed it last year for the first time. Will be in a new 2014 GT/CS Convert. this year.

Doug,

I see this is your first post. Welcome to Team Shelby! Looking forward to having you and your new vert on the SATL run this year.

Jim

Leaving San Francisco to Juneau, Ketchikan, Skagway, Glacier Bay, Victoria BC

Harald,

Sounds like a great itinerary and it's the perfect time of year! Have a good one and post a :camera: thread for us...

Went to the site and signed up for this year. Looking forward to the ride thru the pines again. Had a great time last year and looking forward to this years event. Thanks for keeping this going Jim, we all appreciate it.

Bob,

I just got you added to the list in Post #2 above. Will we see you in Old Town Sac or on the Scott Road onramp in Folsom?

Jim

Renee and Mike will be there. It was great fun last year. Thanks for setting it up again this year.

Mike,

Received your message regarding May 4th. What a relief!

Looking forward to having you and Renee with us again for SATL. Post #2 updated. See you in Cordelia!

Jim

Jim--dialing in the Tiger a little better but on the fence with the GT350--really wanting a 5 speed for it. The wife said she wants to give it a try again--she drove it close to 20 years ago and didn't like it....rode hard, stopped hard and steered hard--just like it was meant too I told her....haha

I registered today and I am looking forward to the run, My Shelby is going to get some miles on it this year as we leave tommorow on the GAPD to Mustang OK and may see some of you in Las Vegas at

the semi private Shelby facility tour and dinner. Take care all and see you soon.

Kevin

It looks like April and I should be able to make it again this year. We're definitely looking forward to it! Great people, good food, amazing cars, and awesome scenery!

Les,

Can't wait to see you and April - and your new 2014 DIB GT500 at Snakes this June. I'm sure it is quite different than the 2010 TR SD veteran shown here at the 1st Annual SATL.

rb01w5_zps88e2c7d0.jpg

TeamShelbyLakeTahoeCruise62610065.jpg

TeamShelbyLakeTahoeCruise62610066.jpg

Jim--dialing in the Tiger a little better but on the fence with the GT350--really wanting a 5 speed for it. The wife said she wants to give it a try again--she drove it close to 20 years ago and didn't like it....rode hard, stopped hard and steered hard--just like it was meant too I told her....haha

Bruce,

I think Carmie is holding out for a 2013 GHIG Boss 302... :shift:

Archived