TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Fifth Annual “Snakes At The Lake” Tahoe Cruise – Saturday June 21, 2014

SVT NAJA

I registered today and I am looking forward to the run, My Shelby is going to get some miles on it this year as we leave tommorow on the GAPD to Mustang OK and may see some of you in Las Vegas at

the semi private Shelby facility tour and dinner. Take care all and see you soon.

Kevin

Kevin,

I know you had a potential conflict on the 21st and I'm glad to hear that you can join us again this year for SATL. I've updated the roster in post #2 above and we'll see you in OTS.

Jim

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mike,

Received your message regarding May 4th. What a relief!

Looking forward to having you and Renee with us again for SATL. Post #2 updated. See you in Cordelia!

Jim

I was sweating bullets there for a while too. Cordelia will be a great place for us to meet with the Concord Crew. See you then!

Mike

I'm looking forward to my first trip. It sounds like a great time and a lot of fun!

Robert,

Welcome aboard! We're looking forward to having you and your 2012 KB GT500 with us for the 5th Annual "Snakes at the Lake". See you in Old Town Sac on June 21st.

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Finally paid for the wife and I-----can't wait. Either way we will be in a carbureted car..haha. I like the pic you posted from SATL1, can't believe I have kept the 03 Cobra that long. :)

Bruce,

Great to have you and Carmie onboard again for SATL 5. Can't believe 5 years since we did this on a whim and stopped for lunch at Gar Woods.

I do miss the Red Rocket and that was a great pic of the 2 Cobras, but for me - you can't beat the SBY LS...

Jim

TeamShelbyLakeTahoeCruise62610047.jpg

I wonder will SyFy make a horrible movie about "snakes at the lake"? We watched and loved their 50's clone monster movies, like Sharknado, the Piranha movies, Shrarktopus, etc. Last night was "Big Ass Spider" and it was a hoot. It seems that they seem to be able to draw some talent to them because they are fun.

I wonder will SyFy make a horrible movie about "snakes at the lake"? We watched and loved their 50's clone monster movies, like Sharknado, the Piranha movies, Shrarktopus, etc. Last night was "Big Ass Spider" and it was a hoot. It seems that they seem to be able to draw some talent to them because they are fun.

Tony,

As our agent, you have full authority to strike any deal with Hollywood producers concerning a "Snakes at the Lake" SyFy thriller. All royalties are to be made payable to the Team Shelby track day fund and if TMZ calls for an interview, please direct them to MM (aka: the Mayor) for further comment. :)

Hi everyone!
Well just got back from the bash and MCA 50th.
What a week of good friends and great cars!

Anyone on here that could pm me about the Snakes at the Lake run. My wife and I are thinking about gong this year and I would like as much information as possible about meeting places, hotels and so on. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I would be coming up from Southern California, Orange County area. Thanks

Ok, I found the links for all the information I was looking for. Still would like to know if anyone is driving up from the Orange County area?

YR,

You're welcome to join a group of us in Concord at Sears SunValley about 6am when we depart for Old Town Sac. There's a Hilton nearby...

Or, if you just want to meet us in Sacramento at 8am, you can stay at the Embassy Suites across the street...

Jim

HICobra,

Aloha!

I received your e-mail message and reservation for SATL 2014. Welcome aboard.

We look forward to having you 2 with us from Hawaii with your 2013 GT500 for the 5th Annual "Snakes at the Lake".

See you in Old Town Sac on Saturday June 21st.

Jim

Raul and Betty,

Received your reservation for SATL - 2014 today. Great to have you with us again this year along with your 2007 Shelby GT500.

As we get in to early June, we'll start coordinating the Nevada members for your Hwy 395 cruise segment from Reno, Sparks and Carson City south to Hwy's 88/89 and on in to Meyers.

Best,

Jim

Just sent our contribution in, Jim! Looking forward to another great event :happy feet:

April's parents may join us in the red car too, I'll let you know as soon as they decide :party:

Les,

It's great that you and April are joining us again for SATL - 2014. I can't wait to see the new DIB beast. I'll get you 2 posted up.

Jim

PS: If April's parents decide to join us with the Red Rocket, just let me know. Thanks!

Bruce,

I think Carmie is holding out for a 2013 GHIG Boss 302... :shift:

Just a heads up, I live 20 minutes from the parking lot where we had the show last year. The parking lot and street are completely torn up for the two blocks where the beach and street are. All new sewage etc... You should just double check it's going to be done by then, it's like a bomb went off right now. I'm sure it will be done for summer but double check.

Just a heads up, I live 20 minutes from the parking lot where we had the show last year. The parking lot and street are completely torn up for the two blocks where the beach and street are. All new sewage etc... You should just double check it's going to be done by then, it's like a bomb went off right now. I'm sure it will be done for summer but double check.

Mike,

The NTPUD gave me a heads-up about the N Lake Blvd. construction work in Kings Beach early this past March and how the KBSP east lot we occupied last year is being used as an equipment staging area. So they've given us the entire KBSP Boat Launch facility this year which is further east and right on the lake front. If the roadway from Tahoe Vista to Kings Beach is still a mess come mid-June, then we'll go to Plan B and head up the east side of the lake in Nevada from Meyers and enter on Brockway past the CalNeva. As you know, this approach takes us over the Pioneer Trail past Stateline, through the Zephyr Cove-Round Hill area and Cave Rock, past Glenbrook and Sand Harbor and on into Incline. If we're running ahead of schedule, we can even take a detour on Lakeshore! :)

Jim

BTW, I'm in and will be driving the Heritage GT and I will have a buddy drive the 68KR Convertible or Laguna Seca.

Mike,

Great to have you back again this year and your Heritage FGT is always a show stopper! The KR or LS is just icing. See you in June.

Jim

Signed up and it's on the calendar! Won't miss it this year. --- I'll be there with a guest and my Supercharged 2013 Mustang GT.

Jared,

I remember last year and your out of town trip. Great you can be with us this year! I'll get you posted up.

Jim

I hate to say it but we will be the bad ones as far as gas stops--in the Tiger I can go around 120+ miles before I like to get fuel--those 2 little 6 gallon tanks don't go far with a 289 hipo. haha

Bruce,

If the Tiger can go at least 75 miles without a fuel stop, you're good to go! https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=225+Placerville+Rd,+Folsom,+Sacramento+County,+California+95630&daddr=Meyers,+CA&hl=en&sll=38.646874,-121.114015&sspn=0.007994,0.01649&geocode=FVq0TQIdYfLH-Cm30hUhDuWagDE7C91mkEApeQ%3BFa_lUAIdAL_Y-CkRabQM0Y2ZgDEpCk9r0KBqmg&oq=m&mra=ls&t=m&z=10

One top off at the Meyers Chevron and you're good on into Kings Beach! :shift:

Jim

Rick,

I received your registration for SATL - 2014. Great to have you onboard again this year!

As we get closer to mid-June, we'll post up a cruise map link for the Nevada members.

Jim

Archived