TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 Gt500 Cam Install

QUIKSVT

I'm looking for a good shop that can do a cam install on my 2011 GT500. The shop needs to be located in the southwest (AZ, NV, Southern CA). I'm willing to travel to get the best to do the work and it seems it's hard to find any good shops in Phoenix that work on these cars. Any help is much appreciated guys!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you guys for the references. I've got it nailed down to a couple of shops and I'll let you know how it goes.

So frustrating as every shop I call it seems like asking for pricing on something like this is more of a hassle for them than anything.

Thank you guys for the references. I've got it nailed down to a couple of shops and I'll let you know how it goes.

So frustrating as every shop I call it seems like asking for pricing on something like this is more of a hassle for them than anything.

Did you try the Shelby Motorsports shop in Las Vegas Nevada???

Phill

Did you try the Shelby Motorsports shop in Las Vegas Nevada???

Phill

I did Phil- they are not taking customer cars at this time. Unfortunate as that would have been close and easy!

I was lucky enough to have Shelby Motorsports do the cams on mine. But when the time comes for the full engine internals and supercharger upgrade I'm thinking of taking it to Galpin Auto Sports in Van Nuys. Anyone ever taken their car to them?

we all need to be each others buddies. i am in the same box in building the engine. stage3motorsports refered to a shop they do dynos at who wanted 1800 for a supercharger install and cam install. thats still kinda pricey seeing as how competition auto in nc emailed me theyd drop and install the pistons and rods and put the engine back in for 1200$

I'm looking for a good shop that can do a cam install on my 2011 GT500. The shop needs to be located in the southwest (AZ, NV, Southern CA). I'm willing to travel to get the best to do the work and it seems it's hard to find any good shops in Phoenix that work on these cars. Any help is much appreciated guys!

If your willing to drive. McKenzie Motorsports in Palm Springs. Alex McKinzie is a Team Shelby member and has done lots of work for folks here.

Not at all. Give Alex a call.

I don't think Alex does motor work. Will await his comment to find out for sure.

Phill

Thank you for the help and input here fellas- it's much appreciated. I have been in contact with Alex and I'm working with him on some options. He's busy through May but hopefully we can make something happen.

Archived