TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Well What Sat U Guys Brenspeed.or Vmp For Performance Packages

Geneo4116

I used VMP. Besides the back order on the TB which is very nice. The tune is spot on, throttle seems very responsive and no dead spots in rpm's. Cold and warm starts perfect and drove it 200 miles to a show with no issues in cruise mode.

Never heard of your other option

If I was still back in Indiana I'd have gone with Brenspeed as they would have been in my backyard, but even with Kurgan less than 20 miles away I'll probably get my base tune and package from VMP and go from there.

I had a VMP tune on my 2008 initially, have used Lund ever since mainly because Ive been lucky enough to become his friend. Revan Racing and Lund are great together, and are the best in the business in my opinion. Justin Starkey and VMP are also great. Justin came down and hung out with us at the mile a couple weeks ago, and I found to be a stand up guy!

Go with one of them for worry free performance on the highest levels.

yep, i had a VMP tune with OEM supercharger and a cold-air/pulley kit. however, i now have a Jon Lund tune with the FRPP TVS supercharger kit. VMP is good if you are looking for both hardware and software options, but Jon Lund is good if you just want software. both have great customer service. i don't think you can go wrong with either.

I went with Van at Revan Racing for my stuff. Great guy, responds to questions right away. If you check SVTP, there's a guy who just bought a VMP package and is having issues with his new tune, and was told my VMP that they didnt have time for him and would look into it when they got a chance...kind of shitty if you ask me! Van will answer my messages at 2am if I have a question!

I went with Van at Revan Racing for my stuff. Great guy, responds to questions right away. If you check SVTP, there's a guy who just bought a VMP package and is having issues with his new tune, and was told my VMP that they didnt have time for him and would look into it when they got a chance...kind of shitty if you ask me! Van will answer my messages at 2am if I have a question!

Can you link me I tried finding it quick but could not. Just can't see Justin or BJ from VMP not helping out, interesting.

Can you link me I tried finding it quick but could not. Just can't see Justin or BJ from VMP not helping out, interesting.

Just went to find it for you and I'll be damned, they must have deleted the thread. I even checked my recent posts to get to it because I posted in it before going to bed the other night. Figures. But BJ basically told the guy that his calls wouldn't be forwarded to Justin because he doesn't have time, and that they would try to address the issue when they had time. Just seemed kind of shitty. Justin then replied in the thread and wasn't exactly what I'd refer to as polite either. I assume a mod removed the thread.

Just went to find it for you and I'll be damned, they must have deleted the thread. I even checked my recent posts to get to it because I posted in it before going to bed the other night. Figures. But BJ basically told the guy that his calls wouldn't be forwarded to Justin because he doesn't have time, and that they would try to address the issue when they had time. Just seemed kind of shitty. Justin then replied in the thread and wasn't exactly what I'd refer to as polite either. I assume a mod removed the thread.

What anyone is failing to mention is that the customer in question made a post about how VMP went above and beyond to correct the tune. The guy was happy with the results. I still trust VMP with my ride, no question.

What anyone is failing to mention is that the customer in question made a post about how VMP went above and beyond to correct the tune. The guy was happy with the results. I still trust VMP with my ride, no question.

Didn't see that one. Link?

• 1 month later...

• I have Brenspeed and Bama on my 08 Bullitt with a bunch of mods, Bama race tune has a harder edge ie is more aggressive, have ran both in the quarter no real difference in time or speed, Brenspeed tune is friendlier for day to day driving, great tune, - just bought a Steeda pulley for my KR so I am in the hunt for a tune for the Shelby, leaning Brenspeed since they are just a couple hours north of me, but not 100% sure.

Archived