TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Drivers Mirror Blind Spot Useless

cobra 07

On my new 14 the drivers mirror blind spot feature (when the main part of the mirror is property adjusted) shows the far 1/3 of the left lane & 1/2 of 2nd left lane. When I adjust the mirror so the blind spot shows all of the left lane the main part of the mirror only reflects the whole side of the car anybody out there with this problem??????????

took it to the dealer & and the work order says "inspected for dr side blind spot mirror not angled correct. is the same as same as like veh."

Also when driving down the roads (country or interstate freeways) with crowns it will pull (all of a sudden) toward the low side. I have it in the standard mode, have not tried the sport mode yet. the mechanic told the electric power steering is not the same as the old hyd. steering. any suggestions??????????

Chuck

Why would you want the blind spot mirror to show all of the left lane? That's what the main mirror is for. I adjust the main mirror very close to how I adjust mirrors without the blind spot add-on. Then the blind spot mirror adds another level of comfort and confidence without turning my head.

The mirrors are setup as they were intended.

As for your steering, you should never get a sudden jerk of the wheel unless you are going over a pothole, or some road issue that is a changing dynamic you should be able to replicate every time you drive over it.

There have been steering anomalies with the electronic setup reported before, and the problem you will have with dealer mechanics is they look for the easy way to pass it off every chance they get. And if it is intermittent, you can't just hand them the keys and tell them to drive it until it does it to them. I feel for ya. If I find the thread and solution on SVTPerformance, ill link it here.

Why would you want the blind spot mirror to show all of the left lane? That's what the main mirror is for. I adjust the main mirror very close to how I adjust mirrors without the blind spot add-on. Then the blind spot mirror adds another level of comfort and confidence without turning my head.

The reason I want to see the immediate left lane is to see the blind spot the car has. my neck not like a owl's that can turn backwards when moving over into the left lane. I really don't care who is in the 2nd lane over. I have came close to a couple small cars that was in the blind spot just because of the bad angle of the spot mirror

The mirrors are setup as they were intended.

As for your steering, you should never get a sudden jerk of the wheel unless you are going over a pothole, or some road issue that is a changing dynamic you should be able to replicate every time you drive over it.

There have been steering anomalies with the electronic setup reported before, and the problem you will have with dealer mechanics is they look for the easy way to pass it off every chance they get. And if it is intermittent, you can't just hand them the keys and tell them to drive it until it does it to them. I feel for ya. If I find the thread and solution on SVTPerformance, ill link it here.

Thanks for the help

The reason I want to see the immediate left lane is to see the blind spot the car has. my neck not like a owl's that can turn backwards when moving over into the left lane. I really don't care who is in the 2nd lane over. I have came close to a couple small cars that was in the blind spot just because of the bad angle of the spot mirror

Then adjust the main mirror to cover the blind spot and the blind spot mirror will cover the next lane. The purpose of the blind spot mirror is to see further left not closer to the car. Actually, this probably isn't a blind spot mirror at all. I don't know off the top of my head the correct name for it.

They take a little getting use to, but the blind spot mirror when adjusted properly as AI G suggest, works great!

My problem is I can not properly adjust the drivers mirror , the blind spot mirror is half useless-- but the passenger's mirror is perfect

My problem is I can not properly adjust the drivers mirror , the blind spot mirror is half useless-- but the passenger's mirror is perfect

I just the opposite. I've never owned a car I couldn't set the driver's side to have no blind spot, The passenger side on the other hand has never worked for me. I always move my body forward and backwards to see out of the passenger outside mirror and then always turn my head back to see. In short, I don't trust mirrors!

I just the opposite. I've never owned a car I couldn't set the driver's side to have no blind spot, The passenger side on the other hand has never worked for me. I always move my body forward and backwards to see out of the passenger outside mirror and then always turn my head back to see. In short, I don't trust mirrors!

Good advise and driving habits - I do use the body movements to see - I 'am just complaining the blind spot mirror shows vehicles better in the 2nd left lane or side of the road instead of the lane next to me.

Good advise and driving habits - I do use the body movements to see - I 'am just complaining the blind spot mirror shows vehicles better in the 2nd left lane or side of the road instead of the lane next to me.

P.S. I forgot to mention that the Ford GT is one giant blind spot. Of course it is only intended to go one way - forward so why worry about backing up? And if you're changing lanes then you know what just went by you or you just went by so why the need to look behind you?

The passenger side is almost impossible. For that a passenger is handy.

P.S. I forgot to mention that the Ford GT is one giant blind spot. Of course it is only intended to go one way - forward so why worry about backing up? And if you're changing lanes then you know what just went by you or you just went by so why the need to look behind you?

The passenger side is almost impossible. For that a passenger is handy.

good point - push on the go pedal - hang on and then move over to the left

good point - push on the go pedal - hang on and then move over to the left

I'm not recommending this as a usual driving practice. it is however, how the track works. it is also how I handle left to right lane changes with the GT when I'm alone. On multi-lane streets I tend to start and stay in the lane that I know I will need to be in but every once in a while a lane change is needed.

• 1 month later...

Just for infor I went and bought a new replacement glass mirror after the dealer told me a glass only wasn't available and would have buy the whole assy. It took 15/20 minute to install. now I can see 80% of the left lane blind spot and 20% of the left ditch. I did have a defective mirror. By the way it was my 1st time to replace a powered mirror glass

Archived