TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 Shelby Gt Painted Stripes

I had the stripes painted on the GO GT-C for $1300. I left the side stripes alone as the were as new. Will do it on my 07 SGT if and when they start looking a little worn. Right now they are still looking good.

• 2 months later...

uggh...guess after extensive thread reading this is in my future too. I cant justify buying vinyl stripes when i clearly see how fast mine deteriorated in San Diego. It is disapointing because my car is in a temperature controlled garage and my car is well cared for and washed/ hand waxed often.

anyone experimented with different silvers? i know the C6 vette had a anniversary white w/silver stripes. i want the silver to really pop out yet look factory. guess i have time to think about it on deployment.

Had my strips painted on this week. Picked up the car tonight, what a fantastic job. They cleared everything and you can't feel the edge. What a deference with the stripes under the clear then when the vinyl layed on top of the paint.

uggh...guess after extensive thread reading this is in my future too. I cant justify buying vinyl

stripes when i clearly see how fast mine deteriorated in San Diego. It is disapointing because my car is in a temperature controlled garage and my car is well cared for and washed/ hand waxed often.

anyone experimented with different silvers? i know the C6 vette had a anniversary white w/silver stripes. i want the silver to really pop out yet look factory. guess i have time to think about it on deployment.

07SGT5111,

You could keep it the original color and add some metal chips or flake. That will make it pop but keep it original. When I get mine painted on. I'm going to tell them to add silver flake. But not to much to make it look weird and not to little to not notice it. Just enough that when your next to someone at a red light or parked at a car show, it can pop a little!

Thanks,

Francis

I'm in the same boat with the wife's Shelby GT. I had them replaced under warranty along with the hood scoop in 2011 but in the last three months they rusted quick. I'm in the process of getting some quotes on having them painted or switching to some stripes called flex paint that are painted vinyl that they will warranty for 5 years. It is garaged but is her daily driver.

Mark

Had my strips painted on this week. Picked up the car tonight, what a fantastic job. They cleared everything and you can't feel the edge. What a deference with the stripes under the clear then when the vinyl layed on top of the paint.

Just curious where did you go and how much was it if you don't mind listing it?

Thank you

Archived