TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2014 Gt 500 Shelby Stock Wwheels Question/how Wide Of Tire Can I Run

Geneo4116

I've read everything I can find on this topic and according to some people 305's will fit the stock rim but they are not recommended... I finally decided on 295/35/20 Michelin Pilot Super Sports which apparently run a little bigger than the published specs say and I figure will be wide enough. A lot of people running 295's and they are only about 1/2" bigger in diameter. In my opinion too tall of a tire doesn't look right. I orderd mine just last week through my Ford dealer and they were $410 each. Should be here by Friday.

• 2 weeks later...

Further to my previous post where I state MPSS "run a little bigger than the specs state"... Man, do they!! Got my 295's in and the section width is 12.375 instead of 11.6 as specs said they would be. As a result, I am shopping for either 10.5 or 11 inch rim. No way will I mount these things on a 9.5. 12.375" converts to 314.32 millimeters. Check out the pic. The MPSS dwarfs the Goodyears on the Shelby.

misctirecarbshelbyscj070_zps3a0f49b8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, what a difference! The 285 look super skiny compared to the Super sports. I have a friend with a 2011 GS vette with those tires and he loves them. The old Goodyear run craps as he called them were terrible. Our Shelby has the F1 Goodyear but not runflat. I would like to get a new set someday and the Super sport looks great

I still haven't got mine mounted yet... Still vascilating over which wheels to get. If I had known then what I know now, about the MPSS running big, I think I would have opted for 19" all the way around. A lot more wheel choices available. I don't mind 20's in the rear but really hate to put 20's up front. You are just increasing the possibility of damaging a wheel with 1/2" less sidewall in front and it will surely degrade the ride quality, I would think.

Archived