TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2014 Svt Special Edition Raptor

He has made a statement addressing shock adjustment in writing if I remember right somewhere, but I paraphrase mine from an actual discussion a few of us were having. I apologize if by putting "amount" in my statement confused anyone. I wasnt writing down or recording the conversation, but made note of it because I had already adjusted mine to mid perch. When I posted it, I wasnt approaching the topic from the same mindset I would with say an actual interview or deposition. I was merely sharing a conversation experience where that particular issue was discussed in a friendly and informal setting.

I feel like you are kind of calling me out Phill, but if you just came to Dearborn events and hung out with us once in a while, many of these conversations you could just be a part of! :puppy_kiss:

I feel like you are kind of calling me out Phill, but if you just came to Dearborn events and hung out with us once in a while, many of these conversations you could just be a part of! :puppy_kiss:

Why, did YOU say it or did JAMAL say it? If YOU said it, then yes....I am calling you out.

If Jamal said it, then I am calling HIM out.

And I'd love to come to Dearborn. When is it? And what is it???

I'm curious; Did you do the adjustment or did you have someone do it. I saw the pics on SVTP and it looks like WAYYYYY more work than i want to get into. I'm wondering if I can just use a spring compressor and compress it on the truck, on the shock then move the snap ring to the center groove. That is the ONE modification I'd really like to do, otherwise I'm 100% satisfied with my Raptor.

Phill

Why, did YOU say it or did JAMAL say it? If YOU said it, then yes....I am calling you out.

If Jamal said it, then I am calling HIM out.

And I'd love to come to Dearborn. When is it? And what is it???

I'm curious; Did you do the adjustment or did you have someone do it. I saw the pics on SVTP and it looks like WAYYYYY more work than i want to get into. I'm wondering if I can just use a spring compressor and compress it on the truck, on the shock then move the snap ring to the center groove. That is the ONE modification I'd really like to do, otherwise I'm 100% satisfied with my Raptor.

Phill

Im not sure Im following what the whole calling out thing is. It changes it is what was communicated. Just leave it at that. I humbly and profusely apologize for adding the word 'amount'. As is often the case, im watching TV while I forum surf, or have 4 and 7 year olds yelling at me, or the wife giving me guilt trips for my time spent not with her. (Currently the 4 year old is screaming beating on his wall because I took away the baby powder he just redecorated his room with). (See Facebook for action photos my wife just posted).

Dearborn is the event Team Shelby has done a few times in the past giving us access to driving our cars at the proving grounds, meeting our engine builders, touring the rouge plant, private dinner at the Henry Ford Museum (Jamal was last year's guest speaker), tour of Edsel's house, and in some cases, even more special things like hanging out at Ford Racing, driving the headquarter proving grounds, meeting Ford VPs and other really cool things we probably should just leave off the forum. Robert and Sharon have a big one planned for this year in August. You should go. Its one of the best events anywhere.

I had a Ford tech do it at a local dealership. It was a cash deal, not really legit, and not during normal business hours. That said, I only had it done because I needed the ground clearance for the Texas Raptor Run last April. Most raptors did quite a bit of damage to the factory skid plate the first year, and while that is cheap to replace, my ADD is not cheap. By luck, my raptor broke down on the way up the first year, so I had a second chance to prepare the raptor correctly for last year. (Still did a little damage). This year we expect over 100 raptors next weekend for the 3rd annual TRR. (Another event I highly recommend). 44 mile lap that has every kind of offloading you can imagine.

Im not sure Im following what the whole calling out thing is. It changes it is what was communicated. Just leave it at that.

LMAO! I have no idea what that means but....OKAY! <lol>

Phill

I had a Ford tech do it at a local dealership. It was a cash deal, not really legit, and not during normal business hours. That said, I only had it done because I needed the ground clearance for the Texas Raptor Run

To be more than honest, i only want it done because I notice the lower nose now that someone told me about it!

Nothing more, just for aesthetics.

Phill (I admit it, I'm a whore that way!)

Hello All,

Just picked up my new Black exterior with Black and Brick Red interior… Awesome truck!!! Breaking it in slowly but its fun to have even breaking it in. Man I want to step on it and I can't say how much fun I'm already having in it like my KR. This is one BAD A$$ truck to have. Anyone recommend anything that I should do to it? or something to look out for? Any thoughts would be great cause as far as I know it works just as fine :)

go visit Addictive Desert Designs website and they got just about everything you need. The Shelby stuff that is who makes it

Thanks guys. I thought the molten Orange looked good, but this truck with the hood and side graphics looks killer especially since I had the windows tinted today. As soon as I get a chance to clean it up again after all of this rain. I'll get some more pictures of it.

Thanks guys. I thought the molten Orange looked good, but this truck with the hood and side graphics looks killer especially since I had the windows tinted today. As soon as I get a chance to clean it up again after all of this rain. I'll get some more pictures of it.

The Color is awesome and the 14 SVT wheels look good (I don't even think i'll change them)! Was debating over the two but had to go match my KR. It looks killer with the windows tinted. What percentage did you go with for the windows?

The Color is awesome and the 14 SVT wheels look good (I don't even think i'll change them)! Was debating over the two but had to go match my KR. It looks killer with the windows tinted. What percentage did you go with for the windows?

I used 15% on all the rear windows and moonroof this just about makes it impossible to see inside these windows.I used 35% on the front windows. Here in VA to go any darker than 35% on the front is to invite constant stops by LOE for tinting. I have 15% on all of my GT500s windows and I am constantly being stopped for this, even though I have a medical waiver from DMV on record for the tint.

The SE wheels look killer with the darker bead lock ring compared to the earlier version. I know I'm not changing mine

I still haven't had a chance to get anymore pictures of it

I don't see any graphics in the photo you posted. Am I missing something?

I don't see any graphics in the photo you posted. Am I missing something?

The truck has both the hood graphic option, plus the graphics on the bedside of the SE option. The truck sitting in the shadow isn't allowing the graphics to be seen in this picture.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a note, I don't believe the frame on the 15 is aluminum. Just the body pannels

I was just recent told (by the SVT Manager at my Ford dealer) that it is indeed a aluminum frame and body.

Phill

Phill,

Seems to be a common mistake, but if you simply do a search for 2015 F150, its pretty clear its a new aluminum body, and that accounts for the weight savings they have shared. I did hear that the frame is completely new, and uses less steel and still manages a stronger frame design. Maybe everyone is simply combining the two seperate advances.

Phill,

Seems to be a common mistake, but if you simply do a search for 2015 F150, its pretty clear its a new aluminum body, and that accounts for the weight savings they have shared. I did hear that the frame is completely new, and uses less steel and still manages a stronger frame design. Maybe everyone is simply combining the two seperate advances.

Could be. And to be more than honest, I might have been the one that brought up the aluminum frame to my SVT guy and he might'a been the one who straightened ME out.

It was during a conversation about the possibility (or lack thereof) of a SVT Raptor for the new body style. I remember saying something to the effect that the rumor is, it won't happen because of the aluminum body...or FRAME? I just can't remember what I told him. But when I think about it, an all aluminum body shouldn't make a difference for a new Raptor so I'm thinking I *might* have said frame.

Too many rumors floating around to remember them all!

Phill

I just picked up a Ruby Red SE Raptor to replace my 2010 Raptor that took a big hit in an accident. I'm loving all of the updates, plus I swear it has much less body roll than the 2010 SCab did.

IMG_0327.jpg

Did they total it out? I'm looking for certain parts of the Raptor to use on something I'm building so if frame and body totaled fine as I just want engine, tranny, electronics and front suspension

Archived