talking to the dealer Texas Direct Auto in houston, they agree to help, they

rebuild my trasmission with a new input shaft (BG600) from D&D performance, new

synchronizers (BS6012C, BS6034H, BS6056H) New bearing input (BB4) and replace

clutch KIT (7R3Z-7L596-A) and flywheel (9R3Z-6375-B) cylinder (4R3Z-7A508-AA),

they finally call me yesterday and the car was ready to pick up, i drove for a

few blocks and i fill a small vibation on 1st and 2nd gear, they say its normal

but to be honest i dont know what to think anymore, i leave the car on the

Dealer one more time saying that this is not normal for me and they promise

that they are going to check the car again.

Can someone help me please

Hi Manuel,

I'm not sure what kind of help you are looking for. The acknowledged expert on Team Shelby when it comes to 07-09 clutch and transmissions is a member named "Grabber". Check out his posts af the top of this forum - http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/forum/151-clutch-transmission/.

Also, there are several knowledgeable Team Shelby members in the Houston area that may be able to help out. You might try posting in the Southern Plains forum here - http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/forum/263-southern-plains/.

On a 2009 the trans support brace can be put in one way for the regular mustang and it must be flipped over the other way for the GT500. If the support brace is installed upside down it causes that vibration in first and second gear. This is a easy mistake by the installer and a very easy fix.

Thanks grabber do you think that i can fixed by my self, to be honest i think this guys on the dealer they doesn't know what they're doing, can you give me some advice how can i do it my self please

On a 2009 the trans support brace can be put in one way for the regular mustang and it must be flipped over the other way for the GT500. If the support brace is installed upside down it causes that vibration in first and second gear. This is a easy mistake by the installer and a very easy fix.

That right there is the kind of thing that will drive you crazy.... you're a wealth of knowledge Rob! Nice post! Simple yet informative.

Thanks grabber do you think that i can fixed by my self, to be honest i think this guys on the dealer they doesn't know what they're doing, can you give me some advice how can i do it my self please

Attached is a pic of the 2009 Cross transmission support on my wifes 2009 GT500. This is the correct way it should be installed. Ford made the part so it could also be used on the regular Mustang GT as well. They flip it over for that use. Anyways take this pic and see if yours looks like it. If not, simply unbolt it and flip it over. Re bolt it back up. use a temporary support while you are doing the work so the transmission does not sag. The transmission will hang there because it is bolted to the engine as well.

Edit: The 2007 could only be put in one way. Ford made the change on the 2009 from what I know. I PM'd you my phone number for additional coaching help.

042-1.jpg

Well like 09 Red Gt500 and Doug_Gt350 said Mr. Rob (Grabber) is a wise and experience man im so glad that we still have people like him in this world, he didn't even have to look at my car to know what was the problem and he gave me the solution right away, that vibration was getting on my nerves and it was driving me crazy im so glad that i'm the kind of person that doesn't give up with the first no, and yes the support was up side down so i flipped over and the problem is gone, i have no words to thank enough to Mr. Rob thank you so much and God bless you Rob.

Well like 09 Red Gt500 and Doug_Gt350 said Mr. Rob (Grabber) is a wise and experience man im so glad that we still have people like him in this world, he didn't even have to look at my car to know what was the problem and he gave me the solution right away, that vibration was getting on my nerves and it was driving me crazy im so glad that i'm the kind of person that doesn't give up with the first no, and yes the support was up side down so i flipped over and the problem is gone, i have no words to thank enough to Mr. Rob thank you so much and God bless you Rob.

I'm glad that my diagnosis was correct. Once you text messaged me that photo of your trans brace/support, I just had to call you and tell you to flip the brace. It was nice talking to you and hopefully we can meet up some day at an event. There is a old slogan that I try to keep on the top of my mind. "What you do...come back on you".

Archived